R
Posted By
rctfan2
Sep 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way you make it so the paintbrush is not full force so you could say change lipstick color and still get the detail of the lips under the color?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
rctfan2
Sep 23, 2003
Nevermind i feel like a tard i just found the awnser to the question myself.
MR
Mark Reibman
Sep 24, 2003
Whoa there pardna’, go easy on yourself. 🙂 No one I know was born with a working knowledge of this program.
R
rctfan2
Sep 24, 2003
lol yeah .
SD
Shrilly Drabble
Sep 24, 2003
Just to help out other newbies, please could you post the answer 🙂 thanks.
I guess it is to do with opacity percentages?
Kind thoughts
JF
Jodi Frye
Sep 24, 2003
Shrilly, the answer is opacity and blend mode. Using ‘color’ or ‘overlay’ blend mode will colorize without covering. There are 2 ways to achieve this….either set the palette blend option or the fill/ brush blend option. Use a new layer for every color used so that you can edit…lower/raise opacity etc..without disturbing other layers. Another good trick is to use the eraser tool at a low opacity to remove excess areas of color to give images a more natural look. Lots of ways !
CR
Charlene Russ
Sep 25, 2003
Yeah really, she is being way too hard on herself!! I am pretty good with PS now but I didn’t know about opacity when I first started either. One thing I love about photoshop is the ability to create beautiful paintings without having to go buy expensive watercolors or oils. With the array of brushes its very easy to get a nice painterly effect, easier than Painter 7 in my opinion.

Every photoshop artist has their own technique so have fun experimenting with the tools, layers and blend modes. One of my favorite tools is the airbrush, especially since I love airbrush art.

Happy Photoshopping! (its the only kind of shopping that doesn’t hurt my wallet, ouchie….)
-Charlene

"Mark Reibman" <mreib@[nospam]earthlink.net> wrote in message
Whoa there pardna’, go easy on yourself. 🙂 No one I know was born with a
working knowledge of this program.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections