S
Posted By
SteveDiPaola
Nov 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a PhD researcher who has a painterly rendering program that models how portrait painters work. The process takes uses a input photo of a person and my scripting langauge to paint in many styles but eventually has a list of brush stroke to render. I do this in my Java/OpenGL program now ( but all simple dragged circle brush strokes in openGL) and I have been able to send this stroke list to Coral Painter because it has a way to save/load/ and ascii edit their macros. So I wrote a outputter that writes directly to their ascii format macro and then I can have Painter use any of it’s sophisticated brush types to paint my final portrait. I am looking for a similar feature in Photoshop but can’t find it. Is it possible to write directly to a photoshop action ( in ascii) or is the format published anywhere. If I could see ( in ascii) how photshop actions calls things like colors, bursh,size and type, I can have it output my stroke list.

any help is appreciated.

Examples of the painterly program ( using my simple brushes) are here: http://www.dipaola.org/painterly/results08/

thanks, steve
Steve DiPaola – UBC

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

W
Waterspider
Nov 17, 2008
"SteveDiPaola" wrote in message
I am a PhD researcher who has a painterly rendering program that models how portrait painters work. The process takes uses a input photo of a person and my scripting langauge to paint in many styles but eventually has a list of brush stroke to render. I do this in my Java/OpenGL program now ( but all simple dragged circle brush strokes in openGL) and I have been able to send this stroke list to Coral Painter because it has a way to save/load/ and ascii edit their macros. So I wrote a outputter that writes directly to their ascii format macro and then I can have Painter use any of it’s sophisticated brush types to paint my final portrait. I am looking for a similar feature in Photoshop but can’t find it. Is it possible to write directly to a photoshop action ( in ascii) or is the format published anywhere. If I could see ( in ascii) how photshop actions calls things like colors, bursh,size and type, I can have it output my stroke list.
any help is appreciated.

Examples of the painterly program ( using my simple brushes) are here: http://www.dipaola.org/painterly/results08/

thanks, steve
Steve DiPaola – UBC

Very cool project, and I wish I could help, but this is waaaay over my head. However, I think you’ll get the info you’re looking for here. Good luck,
from Pender Harbour/Sunshine Coast BC
J
jjs
Nov 17, 2008
"SteveDiPaola" wrote in message

Photoshop has heavy-duty scripting which is more than actions, although you can call actions from scripts. You might be surprised by how easy it is. (Can I get a PhD now?)

Here is a link that should answer some of your questions: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/scripting/

It supports Javascript, VBscript, and Applescript. You probably want Javascript.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections