Fuji Frontier 340 = Dark & Saturated pictures !!!

SL
Posted By
Shyrah Lusaya
Sep 27, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello everyone and thank you for taking time to answer my question.

Before I begin let me say that I am a newbie BUT I have read this forum a lot and I have done many Adobe gamma testing and monitor calibration.

My question for you kind people is that in Adobe Elements 2, all my pictures look really beutifull, sharp & bright. (with monitor properly calibrated).

But when I recive my photos (developed by our nieborhood lab, who has a Fuji Frontier 340) my pictures come out dark and saturated, too much color.

When I complain to him, he says that my monitor is not properly calibrated, but I don’t think that is the answer.

Thank you very much for your kind advice.

Shyrah Lusaya.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Sep 27, 2003
An issue similar to this came up quite a while ago on the forum. I didn’t have any bookmarks, but a quick Google search turned up the following link to a post asking essentially the same question.

<http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/18204>

Within this post, there’s another link to "DryCreekPhoto" – or I think that’s the name; I only took a quick glance. You’ll find some helpful information. I looked at the Dry Creek site once but decided I wasn’t ready to commit myself to a Fuji adjustment. As it turns out, the shop I’ve gone to a couple of times is using Noritsu, so that was probably a good decision on my part.
LK
Leen Koper
Sep 27, 2003
Shyra, how did you calibrate your monitor? Did you adjust brightness and contrast too? Do you include a profile with your images?

Probably his will be able to provide you the right profile for his printer; using this profile you should be able to get consistant results.

Leen
SL
Shyrah Lusaya
Sep 28, 2003
Thank you very much for your answers,

Dry creek is great except that I work in the Middle East and after reading that site I am now more confused.

So what I should do is ask the fuji frontier operator for a copy of the ICC profile file that he is using? am I right? will he just give it to me, as he is sort of unskilled.

And to Leen, yes I did calibrate my monitor using Adobe Gamma found in the control panal, however I’m not sure if I have done it correctly, you see on the second screen where it says turn the contrast to 100% and then lower the brightness untill the center box becomes almost black, well I end up putting the brightness to 0% and the center box is still light enough to see.

I really appriciate your kind and heartly advices and forgive my english.

Shyrah.
LS
Lusaya, Shyrah
Sep 29, 2003
Hello everyone again,

I’ve learned some things and wanted to clarify if I am doing this right.

I found a generic Fuji Frontier 340 ICC profile from drycreek, and now what I did is loaded my original image in photoshop 7 and on the proof setup I choose that profile and now the image kinda looked like the one I got from the lab.

So is this what I should be doing,

1. Load my image and proof setup using the fuji profile and then
2. use levels to brighten the image so it looks like the way I want it to… this way my image will look really overexposed on my monitor but I suppose it will be good when printed, am I correct?

I must say that this is so disappointing as it is kinda hard.

Thanks again for your invalauble help.

Shyrah.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections