SR
Posted By
Shawn Reynolds
Sep 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I keep getting this error mssg when I open Elements and 7.0, I uninstalled and reinstalled and still get error. Can anyone offer me any help with this?

Error mssg: Unable to continue because of hardware or system error. Sorry, but this error is unrecoverable"

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

P
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2003
Shawn,

Are you using a PC or MAC? What operating system? If PC, have you checked your Device Manager (right click on My Computer, Properties, Hardware, Device Manager) and see if you have any yellow or red flags. Are you using anything by Norton on your system? Most (but not all) who are using Norton have problems with Adobe products, especially if it was active at the time you installed or tried to.

Bob
P
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2003
I have a PC running Xp. I checked my Device MGR and the only thing one with a yellow flag is the SCSI and RAID controllers.
Shawn
P
Phosphor
Sep 29, 2003
Shawn,

That could be your problem. Take care of those yellow flags (new drivers will probably do it) and I suspect your problem will disolve.

Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections