N
Posted By
nrosewarn
Sep 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
does anyone have any idea how this effect may be created on a b/w photo?

would it be a special filter effect?

photo can be seen at

<http://213.187.48.5/madona.jpg>

thanks

Neil

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Sep 30, 2003
Neil,

Not certain what the artist did, but some ideas would be to convert to RGB so you have access to all filters and plug-ins. Try solarization from the enhance menu, and some of the filters, maybe under stylize might lead you in this direction.

This is just off the top of my head. I don’t really have time right now to experiment. Maybe someone else has some more specific ideas.

Rich
JF
Jodi_Frye
Sep 30, 2003
Neil, I suspect the image you posted is purely the work of a talented artist and did not come from an actual B & W photograph…imo, however, you can certainly try and mimic this ‘look’ with some of the tools in Elements. Start with removing some saturation and contrast so that it has more of a ‘dull’ look. Keep in mind that the ‘hue/saturation’ and ‘brightness contrast’ adjustment layers can be manipulated in different ways by experimenting with the ‘blend’ modes on the palette. You can afterwards try the ‘ paint daubs ‘ filter in a subtle way. You found a good project to test Photoshop elements with. You may not get exactly the look you want but it’s a good way to learn about this program…one i cannot get away from 😉
BS
Bernard Saper
Oct 3, 2003
Neil, you might possibly get a similar effect by first converting your B/W image to RGB, then desaturating it to give the B/W appearance. Finally, solarize the image and finally use the Gaussian Blur to soften it.slightly.

Bernie
wrote in message
does anyone have any idea how this effect may be created on a b/w photo?
would it be a special filter effect?

photo can be seen at

<http://213.187.48.5/madona.jpg>

thanks

Neil

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections