RB
Posted By
Roger_Box
Oct 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Before I installed Photoshop Elements 2.0 when an Email had a jpeg file attached, I could click on the attachment and it would offer to open it or down load it. Now that I have replaced my previous program with PE 2.0 I am offered the same option BUT when I try to open a temporary copy it tells me that and error occurred opening the file and offers to let me down load it. I can go through the down load and then open PE 2.0 and then open the newly down loaded file and look at it.

what do I do to straighten this out?

BTW when I click on a jpeg file at any other time it opens PE and in turn the file.

Thanks for any help.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 2, 2003
Elements "took over" as primary viewing app when it was installed, which is common with most digital editing software. Since you don’t give a platform or operating system in your post (always a good idea), I’ll assume you’re on Windows. Check out messages numbered 2 and 3 on this thread. The instructions for changing the file association are given.

rocket-sauce "jpeg icon changed to adobe photoshop icon" 10/2/03 5:45am </cgi-bin/webx?13/2>

If you’re on a Mac, repost and give us the OS info for that.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections