PB
Posted By
Peter_Boyle
Apr 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In OS 10.3 with Photoshop CS — go to Open File, list comes up of tiff files, but I don’t see any previews. Same thing in Illus CS, and also in Quark 6.1 when I use the Get Picture menu. Any ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Apr 27, 2004
Do you have "Enable: All Readable Documents" activated in the open dialog box?

Any image that has been saved with a preview should show you the thumbnail then; but if a preview hasn’t been created yet, then you have to open the image first.
PB
Peter_Boyle
Apr 27, 2004
Yes, I tried several settings there. I just switched from OS 9 and have been using Quark and Photoshop for over 10 years and this is completely odd. I haven’t seen a thumbnail preview anywhere in OS 10.3…
Is there a system wide setting I’ve missed?
R
Ram
May 1, 2004
Peter,

My apologies for not getting back to you sooner. It just dawned on me that I never asked you if you had set your Open dialog boxes to Column View.

When you go to File > Open and the dialog box comes up, make sure you click the icon with the rectangle with the vertical stripes on the upper left-hand corner of the dialog box. This will set the whole Open dialog box to Column View. When you click on the name of an image file, the preview will pop up in the last column to the right. It might take a second or two the first time, but the preview image will show up.

Sorry I never thought of asking you that before.
PB
Peter_Boyle
May 3, 2004
Ramón,

That was it! Knew I had to be missing something basic. Thanks for pointing out the painfully obvious!

Peter
R
Ram
May 3, 2004
Glad you got it working, Peter. Sorry I didn’t think of asking you the first time.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections