MD
Posted By
ME_DONOVAN
Apr 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I HAVE BEEN E-MAILED SEVERAL PHOTOSHOP" TIF" FILES BUT CAN’T OPEN IN ANY APPLICATION. I AM RUNNING PHSH6 ON OS 8.6 AND IT SAYS IT IS NOT A TIFF FILE BUT DOESN’T OFFER ANY OTHER INFO BUT WILL NOT RECOGNISE IT EVEN THO IT IS OBVIOUSLY A PHSHOP FILE.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 29, 2004
Turn off Caps Lock.

How is it "obviously" a Photoshop file?

E-mailing may have corrupted them. Were they zipped or stuffed or did they just come as is?
B
Buko
Apr 29, 2004
All caps is considered shouting. please do not shout at us.

how do you know they are tiffs

will they open in graphic converter
J
jonf
Apr 29, 2004
I seem to remember that I used to have a similar problem on a similar configuration, and found that the files were actually in some Kodak format … I don’t remember any longer what the extension was which needed to be active in your extensions folder to make it possible for PS to open these, but I think it was something with the word Kodak in it. You can snoop around in your extensions folder. Maybe someone else remembers, or has a better idea what your problem might be…
RG
Rene_Garneau
Apr 29, 2004
They could have been corrupted.

Or

I seem to remember that I used to have a similar problem on a similar configuration, and found that the files were actually in some Kodak format…

I’ve had a similar problem, but they were in a"Scitex" format. I had to go File > Open > and change the Format drop down menu either to "Photoshop" or "Scitex CT" – don’t remember which one.
MD
ME_DONOVAN
Apr 29, 2004
the icon is the eye from phototshop i assume. they were not ‘stuffed" but as attachments as is and caps lock is off.
have tried opening via file open etc.
they file ext is .tif as opposed to tiff if that makes a difference graphic converter didn’t help
thanks for the assisitence
R
Ram
Apr 30, 2004
Sounds like those files are damaged. Ask them to send you stuffed or zipped files.
R
Ram
Apr 30, 2004
By the way, is AOL involved in any way either at the mailing or the receiving end?
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 30, 2004
Is it possible that they are CS files?
Chris Cox "Some images saved in Photoshop CS will not open in Photoshop 6" 2/13/04 3:45pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
R
Ram
Apr 30, 2004
Good catch, Ann. I had lost sight of the poster’s Photoshop version in that jungle of all caps.
MD
ME_DONOVAN
Apr 30, 2004
AOL not in the picture and the latest jpegs she sent are corrupted. have asked her to try and send them with stuffit
apparently she is using adobe workshop… don’t know anything about it
B
Buko
Apr 30, 2004
she is using adobe workshop… don’t know anything about it

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of it either
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Apr 30, 2004
AppleWorks perhaps?
J
jonf
Apr 30, 2004
Did you ever use a Get Info to see what your system thinks the documents are?

Can you import these documents into a page layout application? Or embed (place) the files into Illustrator? If not, I’d suspect corruption.
MD
ME_DONOVAN
May 4, 2004
importing the files from any application didn’t work so came to conclusion they were corrupted. we used snail mail to sort it in the end
P
progress
May 5, 2004
could have been a multipage tiff as well…

does PS open those yet?
CC
Chris_Cox
May 6, 2004
No, Photoshop will only open the first page of a multipage TIFF.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections