RC
Posted By
robb_castaneda
May 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a really "rookie" question to ask I’m trying to size a picture on photoshop (its a scan from a kodak cd) to thumbnail size for the web. The most it can be is 80X80 pix,and 15k in size. I’m in jpeg format. I tried doing this with an older picture I already touched up, but when I tried resizing it to a thumbnail its totally blury.
Can anyone help?

Robb

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 2, 2004
When you look at your thumbnail, check that are you looking at it at 100% size (Actual Pixels)?

And does it still look blurry?

If you are using CS, try choosing "Bicubic Sharper" when down-sizing the image.
RC
robb_castaneda
May 2, 2004
I’m at 100% I’ve tried sharper too
T
Todie
May 2, 2004
Did you use the small version of the picture from the Kodak CD?
R
Ram
May 2, 2004
Robb,

Downsampling to a mere 80 x 80 pixel image from a large image is pretty drastic, so Todie’s question is very relevant.
Z
Zeb
May 2, 2004
72 pixels/inch? & use Save for Web.
RC
robb_castaneda
May 2, 2004
I’ll try it thanks!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
May 2, 2004
I have just noticed that you said that you were in JPEG format. That could be the trouble. Every time that you re-size and re-save a JPEG, you are compounding artifacts.

Can you start from a non-JPEG image, resize as required and THEN "Save for Web"?
T
Todie
May 2, 2004
Thanks, Ramón!

Ann, I think that Robb starts with the Kodak Photo CD file format, makes his edits in Photoshop and saves as JPEG.
(He said that he is in JPEG mode, not the file : )

Just kidding, Robb!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections