D
Posted By
DGCA
Oct 17, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Ok, Maybe I’m missing something. How do I make a simple outline, with no fill, just an outline. I can’t seem to figure it out. I want to make a retangular outline. Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BG
Byron_Gale
Oct 17, 2003

D…

You can draw a rectangle with the rectangular marquee tool, then click Edit->Stroke. Play around with the Stroke options to see what you like.

No doubt, there are otherTR>
hods you could use, but I know that this one
works.

Byron
PD
Pete_D
Oct 17, 2003
Make a new layer the size you want and check "transparent"…… "File" / "new".

Now on that layer use the rectangular selection tool and create a rectangle the size you want.
Then go to "edit" and "stroke" and choose a color and size for the line you want
Click OK and you have a transparent rectangle with a line.

Pete
BG
Byron_Gale
Oct 17, 2003
Pete,

I couldn’t agree more!

Byron
D
DGCA
Oct 17, 2003
Thanks Pete and Byron. Great advice. When you say "check transparent" after making a new layer, where do I do that? After that, I can find everything else.

I know, I’m stupid.
BG
Byron_Gale
Oct 17, 2003

D…

I think that Pete is referring to the "Contents" option on the File->New dialog – allows you to choose from White, Background or Transparent for the contents of your new file.

Byron
PD
Pete_D
Oct 17, 2003
Thats right Byron 🙂 (these three way calls are great…eh)

And to the poster that did not sign their name; Ask any question that comes to mind here without fear of being judged. And remember that one question asked and answered is read by all so you just helped a lot of others too.

Pete

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections