G
Posted By
gfc
Oct 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After using PhotoMerge and choosing the photos I want to merge, when I click ok I get a message "Command not available". Anyone have a similar problem and know how to fix it?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
M._Marriott
Oct 20, 2003
I’ve had this problem with both Elements V1 and V2. I’m currently using V2.0. I can merge photos, but the problem is with saving. When I get the error you refer to, I usually can’t save any more merged photos that day, even if I reboot the pc. Then a couple of days later I might be able to save a half dozen merges before getting the error. Today I had saving problems and called Adobe for the first time in a long time. (Up until now Adobe help hasn’t saved my problem.) They suggested that I clear the "settings" file. To do this, hold down the Shift/Control/Alt keys as you start the program. This gives you the option of "Deleting the Photoshop Elements Setting File." I deleted the file and was able to immediately merge and save the files that had bombed earlier in the day. I don’t know how good this "fix" is or how often it will have to be repeated, but it worked this morning.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Oct 20, 2003
MM – had the same experience with Photomerge a couple months ago. Deleting preferences is a fix for many unusual Elements (and full Photoshop) aberrations.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections