PN
Posted By
Patti_Nykamp
Oct 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I know I have asked this question several times in a round about way. But now I just want to know how do I make an 8×10 scanned photo smaller. It doesn’t have to be a perfect anything, just trying to fit it in a collage. So after I scan it and have it in PSE, how do I make the whole thing smaller before cropping. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

EM
Eric_Matthes
Oct 18, 2003
Patti,
Working on a copy, so that you do not lose image data in your original file, go to image>resize>image size. Make sure "resample" and "constrain proportions" are checked. Then enter one of the dimensions you want for your image.
If you are making a collage on paper, and are printing this image on its own, that is all you need to do. If you are using PSE to make a collage file, then you will need to make sure the resolution of this image matches the resolution of the collage. To do that, make sure "resample" is unchecked, then change the resolution of the image to match the resolution of the collage. Click OK. Then go to image>resize>image size again, and this time check "resample" and "constrain proportions", and enter one of the dimensions you want for the image.
I would emphasize again that you work on a copy of the image, because if you change the resolution you will not be able to get it back later when you want to make a large print again.
Hope this helps.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections