GM
Posted By
Gerry_Moravec
Oct 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I installed 10.3 on a partition on my FireWire hard drive. I also installed PSE 2 from the CD-ROM, then I installed Epson’s latest TWAIN driver-software, which is 1.25A. When I open up PES 2 and try to select scan, I get an error message that says that no TWAIN driver is available. Going to the menu bar, the "Import" selection is greyed-out.

Luckily, I have Jaguar, 10.2.8 on another partition and all works fine there with PSE 2, the Epson Perfection 2400.

Had anyone else here have problems like this one after installing 10.3? I can’t be sure that Epson’s TWAIN driver-software 1.25A is compatible with Panther or not.

Any help in this matter, will be greatly appreciated.

Gerry

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TN
Tony Nazar
Oct 27, 2003
In article ,
wrote:

I installed 10.3 on a partition on my FireWire hard drive. I also installed PSE 2 from the CD-ROM, then I installed Epson’s latest TWAIN driver-software, which is 1.25A. When I open up PES 2 and try to select scan, I get an error message that says that no TWAIN driver is available. Going to the menu bar, the "Import" selection is greyed-out.

Luckily, I have Jaguar, 10.2.8 on another partition and all works fine there with PSE 2, the Epson Perfection 2400.

Had anyone else here have problems like this one after installing 10.3? I can’t be sure that Epson’s TWAIN driver-software 1.25A is compatible with Panther or not.

Any help in this matter, will be greatly appreciated.

Gerry,

I’ve got 10.2.6 and a 2450. There have been no Epson TWAIN drivers for the 2450 since 10.2.3 (I think). I was hoping that problem would be solved with 10.3. Possibly not.

With the 2450, I shifted from a USB to a Firewire connection and bought Silverfast Ai in place of Twain. It works fine. VueScan also works well using Firewire according to an Apple employee who posts to rec.photo.digital.

As for 10.3 – I guess I’ll wait until I HAVE to have it to upgrade. I dislike stepping out into blackness. 🙂

Tony

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections