JS
Posted By
jeff_schrager
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
there is no specific time in process when it occurs. It may work fine 1 time next time it starts to freeze then it quits. It seems that when I work in a variety of plugins it is more likely to occur but can’t be sure. I try to see if other programs were the cause but it seems to point to a flaw in elements. I have a i-mac 17′ screen g-4 256 ram. I did have 768ram but removed 512 to see if problem. It problem still occurred in 256 and 768.

Thanks

Jeff

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

RC
Richard_Coencas
Apr 6, 2004
Jeff,

Two things that might help. First, have you repaired permissions lately? Second, you might try deleting the Elements Prefs.

Rich
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Apr 6, 2004
Jeff,

I have found that sometimes it quits if I click around whilst it is doing something else … usually when I am being impatient 🙂

Wendy
JS
jeff_schrager
Apr 6, 2004
Rich

I’ve done repair permissions and try to delete preferences neither worked

Thanks

Jeff
JS
jeff_schrager
Apr 6, 2004
Wendy

I’ll try to move slower in my selections. Hope it works.

Thanks

Jeff
SS
Susan_S.
Apr 7, 2004
The only time I’ve had these silent quits (Elements disappears on me without even saying goodbye or leaving an error message) it’s seems to have been a memory issue – I upgraded from 256Mb to 768 Mb RAM and the quits stopped if I was using all the Elements native plugins (before I had the extra memory liquify would cause quits 3 times out of 4). I’ve still had problems from time to time even with extra memory with third party plugins (blade pro and panotools, the latter running in classic)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections