Posted By
DrU
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everybody
My Elements was bundled with Minolta scanner. When entering serial# during the installation , I get "Invalid serial number" message.Weird…Anybody had a same problem ?
XP Home
Thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy_S
Oct 31, 2003
DrU,

I can recall two similar postings as of late.

In one case it was due to not accurately reading the serial numbers (mixing up the 6 and 8, or something along those lines). I suggest you carefully examine once more under good light to be sure you are inputting the numbers as written.

In the second case, with a bundled program, the serial number was incorrect as written. The poster called Adobe Customer Service and discovered the number was for the other version of Elements. They supplied him with a new serial number and he installed the program.

This is the only info I can give you.

Nancy
BH
Beth_Haney
Oct 31, 2003
And I second Nancy’s post. There do seem to have been some mix ups recently when using bundled versions. However, generally, you should call Minolta first, because they purchased distribution rights from Adobe, so it is possible that Adobe can’t be of any help.
WH
William_Heuer
Nov 1, 2003
Hi: I am unable to install Photoshop Elements. I put the CD in. the LED Flashes for several seconds and stops. The CD doesn’t load.
Also, I’ve tried the Control Panel’s Add New Program Utility, but it doesn’t recognize the CD. I have also used the RUN utility found on the Start utility, but it also doesn’t recognize the CD.

I’ve had this problem in the past with other company’s CDs and after a hundred or so attempts, the program finally loads. I’ve done this already with Photoshop Elements but I’ve been unsuccessful so far. Any suggestions, please?
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 1, 2003
Could we please have some system information, William? That’s often helpful, although not always.

Have you tried calling Adobe customer support? A bad CD is very unusual, but it’s not impossible that’s what you’ve got. Do you or anybody you know have another computer you could test it on? The same CD should load (or not!) on either a Windows or a Mac computer, so just about anybody’s would work for checking the CD itself.
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 1, 2003
William,

Especially since you have had problems with other CDs, I would focus on your CD ROM drive. But, do you have; antivirus software disabled, all programs closed, plenty of hard disk space, enough memory, an empty Recycle Bin, cleared out Windows temp files and Temp Internet files and have you defragged lately. Check out Device Manager, System Properties etc. If you are using Win XP, are you using an Administrator account? With the disk inserted, when you right click Start and click on Explorer, what does it say for your CD drive? What does it say in the right hand panel when you click on the CD drive?
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 1, 2003
Have you tried copying the cd to the desktop and running the installer from there?
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 1, 2003
Yeh, I thought of that one, too, Barbara. But if I understood his post right, he couldn’t get that far. I agree with Nancy that he may want to look at the possibility of a hardware problem with the CD drive.
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 1, 2003
Yes, I see that now, Beth. Yeah, sounds like hardware, I agree.
WH
William_Heuer
Nov 2, 2003
Thanks Beth. I won’t be able to call Adobe until the first of the week. I’m runnings Windows ME. Sorry, I should have remembered to tell you that. Maybe I’ll be able to try someone elses computer aalso. William Heuer (Bill)
BG
Byron_Gale
Nov 2, 2003
William,

Like Nancy, my suspicion would be your CD-ROM hardware, given your description of previous behavior.

When one of mine failed, it did similar things to what you describe.

Byron
D
DrU
Nov 3, 2003
Hi again
In my case (as I’ve started the topic here) I’d guess that the problem is invalid serial #. Tried two PC’s with XP Home and 2000Pro with same result. Emailed Minolta support,waiting for reply.
Thanks for input.
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 3, 2003
DrU,

Do check back in here with your findings.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections