JR
Posted By
Joe_Razza
Oct 31, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Often when I attempt to print a photograph in Adobe Photoshop Elements 2 only one quarter of the image is printed on an 8"x10" or an 11"x17" piece of paper.

My printer is an Epson Photo Stylus EX. I’ve checked with Epson and after numerous phone calls and attempts to resolve the problem, they said to check with Adobe. So here I am. Any help?

I’m working with Microsoft XP. My computer is a Dell 8250.

Joe

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PD
Pete_D
Oct 31, 2003
Joe,

Most recent occurrence of this problem was cured by computer housekeeping; Delete temp internet files, Windows temp files, scan disk and defrag.
JH
Jim_Hess
Oct 31, 2003
If your picture is from a digital camera, it could very well be much larger than the paper you are trying to print it on. If you choose to "Print with Preview", you will see that one of your options is a check box to enable you to "Scale to fit media". Have you selected that option?
JR
Joe_Razza
Oct 31, 2003
Pete D: Thanks for your suggestions. I will try doing that now.

Jim Hess: I will check the print to scale boz to see if that makes a difference. Thanks,

joe
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 1, 2003
Joe,

Do you have bi-directional turned on for your port?
JR
Joe_Razza
Nov 4, 2003
I just checked my printer’s status and the bi-directional box is not checked. I have on one printer. That feature is in gray type and there is no check mark in the box. But thanks for the suggestion.

Joe
JR
Joe_Razza
Nov 4, 2003
I managed to print one page at 11×14. When I tried to print that same page again, It printed only a quarter of the image. I wanted to reprint the image because I was getting some banding in it. However, the printer only went half the distance then returned the head to the starting point and continued in that fashion until I was able to cancel the printing job.

I’m really baffled–more than usual.

Joe
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 4, 2003
Joe,

In your printer options…you do have the orientation appropriately labeled, right? I mean if the longest dimension is vertical, this is portrait orientation, if the longest is horizontal this is landscape.
NS
Nancy_S
Nov 4, 2003
Joe,

I just read your new post…

Look under Image size, what are the dimensions and resolution of the image?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections