TD
Posted By
Tony_Donaldson
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had a crash in CS, had had one before, so I saved my freshly programmed actions. Had to reload them after the crash, now the function keys don’t work. How do I add the function keys back? I tried control-clicking on the actions, but to no avail.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TD
Tony_Donaldson
May 4, 2004
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
R
Ram
May 4, 2004
What trouble shooting steps have you taken so far? Repaired permissions? Trashed preferences and reinstalled Photoshop? Updated all the way to Panther 10.3.3?

Do you regularly perform routine maintenance?
TD
Tony_Donaldson
May 5, 2004
I do repair permissions, somewhat regularly. haven’t trashed prefs (don’t even know where they are in X). I’m on 10.3.3, latest security, etc. Hate the idea of reinstalling PS if I don’t have to…

Repairing permissions didn’t help. There’s not a simpler fix than reinstalling? I’ll try trashing prefs if you can tell me where they are.

Thanx, Ramon!
R
Ram
May 5, 2004
G just gave you the solution, Tony.
TD
Tony_Donaldson
May 11, 2004
Well, G gave good info. What I hadn’t tried is option clicking on the actions. THAT gave me the "option" 😉 of setting the function keys to my actions again. Not sure why they went away, but beats reprogramming all my actions.

-T

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections