actions with small jpgs look fine huge file tiffs dont really work well all the time

GL
Posted By
glenn_losack
Nov 4, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I ran an action Mysterre Hard book cover on a hi reso image 58 MB!
It did not look like the image i got on a jpeg 200K
in fact this was one of the first times i ran an action on such a big file but i do note it did not do a good job.
the jpg seems to have all the steps and looked fine

what gives?

are actions limited to file size?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Bernie
Nov 4, 2006
What’s the action?

Could you be any less clear?

How about posting examples on pixentral?

LenHewitt, "How To Get Help Quickly" #, 4 Mar 2004 8:27 am </cgi-bin/webx?50>
GL
glenn_losack
Nov 4, 2006
im not sure how uploading this will help matters cant upload the action it wont accept it < http://www.pixentral.com/show.php?picture=1HoGkY9zrAN4J6eSs6 rFNaK9bJBOm0>
This is the jpeg with action run and you can see the white pages on a colored background

when i run a 58 MB file ( all my scanned film dig files are that big ) the action runs but the white pages are missing

hope thats more clear
R
Ram
Nov 5, 2006
Mysterre Hard book cover

Is that the name of your action?
B
Bernie
Nov 5, 2006
What’s the action?

im not sure how uploading this will help matters

Seeing the expected result and the unexpected result would help us know what you’re talking about. As it is, I have no clu if what you posted is a file where the action worked as expected or not.

cant upload the action it wont accept it

Well, it is called pixentral, not actioncentral.

Where’s you get th eaction? How about posting that link?
PH
Paul_Hokanson
Nov 5, 2006
Glenn,

It is tough to tell without knowing more details, but one guess why an action might work on a low res file and not a high res file is because there are steps in the action that set things like "canvas size" or filters that set radius values, or any other type of action step where the result would depend entirely on the relationship of those values to the resoltion of the starting file.

For example, if you create a simple action that adds 2 pixels to the canvas size of a file, the perceived effect of those 2 pixels will look much different in relation to the rest of the file (when viewed at 100%) when that action is run on a 20 pixel X 20 pixel file, and when run on a 6000 pixel X 6000 pixel file.

This type of thing could have something to do with the differences you are seeing. Check the steps of the action and look for any steps that specify size settings, etc. Adjusting those might get you headed in the right direction.
GL
glenn_losack
Nov 5, 2006
Panos Ef. who is my opinion is the master of creating actions told me this was a poorly made action made for only low res images. It was not his action.
So i will do what Paul recommended
thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections