T
Posted By
tomturner
May 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Last week, my copy of Photoshop 6.01 developed a problem with the Type Tool, which now seems not to work. When I click on the Type Tool icon, I get the usual Type Tool cursor, but when I actually click on a layer, the icon disappears and all I get is a flashing speckle the height of a couple of pixels. If I zoom in, I still get the same pixel blip, and if I try to ‘transform scale’ the text, I get a message telling me thet there isn’t anything selected in that space. When I then proceed to click onto another tool, I can see that the text I have written shows up in the layer palette, but there still isn’t anything on the actual layer!

Will throwing away Photoshop preferences help, or will I need to uninstall the application and then reinstall? If anybody can help it would be much appreciated.

I currently use a gigabit ethernet graphite G4 with 768Mb RAM. The only software I have loaded recently, is a copy of Adobe Streamline 4.0

Thanks
Tom Turner

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 12, 2004
Check the resolution of the file. I bet it’s very low.
B
Buko
May 12, 2004
Trashing prefs can’t hurt

you would need to trash them before reinstalling anyway

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections