GS
Posted By
Gary_S_Barth
May 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What is the best way to accomplish batch processing on a hot folder basis? The goal is to apply the batch processing based on "in" & "out" folders in a 100% hands-off manner.

Thank you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CS
Carl_Stawicki
May 13, 2004
AppleScript.
GS
Gary_S_Barth
May 13, 2004
I figured as much. We don’t have an applescript savvy person here, does anybody know where i may find one to accomplish this?

Thank you.
GS
Gary_S_Barth
May 13, 2004
oops, when I say "find one", I’m referring to a script, not a person!

thanks.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 14, 2004
I don’t know of a particular expert. Asking at macscripter.net would be a good idea. I have found them to be very helpful.

What you are referring to is called a "Folder Action". I could make them work in OS 9 but I haven’t gotten the knack to making them work in OS X. Basically you write a folder action script acording to certain parameters and attach it to the folder. It activates and does its processing on a save to or drag and drop to the folder.

There is info in Apple’s Help and on the Apple website but some info is a little too sketchy for novices like me. I’m sure it’s simple and someday soon I hope to put some time in and figure it out.

Here is a link to a simple folder action for OS 9 that I wrote (with help). <http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/lynx.html>

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections