Posted By
DeeDee_McGann
May 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is anyone else having this problem?
I click on "Q" or click on the icon on the left hand task bar. The top bar on the image says, "Quick Mask/8" when I reduced it to an 8 bit image, but nothing happens!

I can’t live without Quickmask mode! HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!

DeeDee

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
May 28, 2005
What are your settings for quickmask? (double click the quickmask icon)Maybe the opcaity is set to 0% ?
How dos it not work? you are unable to see the selection?
DM
DeeDee_McGann
May 28, 2005
Thank you for your reply Pierre.
The color is set to Red 50% opacity.
When I use the brush, no red shows up. After I paint and click on the other icon to show the selection, there is no selection.

I am on Windows XP Pro Dell Dimention XPS Gen 3 Intel Pentium 3.4GHZ, 2 Gig Ram, single processor (not dual).

I still have Photoshop CS installed and it works just fine there.

I did not change any settings in CS 2.

DeeDee
S
stevent
May 28, 2005
check your brush settings, or create a selection and then go to quick mask, and see if it shows up.
DM
DeeDee_McGann
May 28, 2005
Hi StevenT.
When I create a selection on an image using one of the selection tools, I used (elliptical marquee) and then clicked on "Q", it showed up red everyone but my selection.

The main thing I use Quick Mask for, however is to paint in a selection.

So what do I do now? =/

Thank you,

DeeDee
C
chrisjbirchall
May 29, 2005
I used (elliptical marquee) and then clicked on "Q", it showed up red everyone but my selection.

This shows that the Quick Mask function is working okay.

When I use the brush, no red shows up.

This points to the Brushes not working properly.

* Do the brushes work when you are not in Quick mask? (eg just paint on the image)

* After entering Quick mask, are your default FG/BG colours Black/white? (hit D)

* You might try Deleting the Preferences file (as per the FAQs) in case something has become corrupt there.

Hope some of this helps.

Chris.
DM
DeeDee_McGann
May 29, 2005
Thank you Chris!

After I hit Q the default colors were NOT black and white. Once I switched them to B/W, it worked fine. I have never had to do that when in Quick Mask mode, so I didn’t even notice they weren’t chosen.

It works great now!

Thanks again,

DeeDee
C
chrisjbirchall
May 29, 2005
You’re welcome DeeDee.

Quick way of working…

* Hit D for default colours.
* Hit X to eXchange them

Chris.
DM
DeeDee_McGann
Jun 1, 2005
Thank you Chris!

DeeDee

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections