Posted By
beverly_j_taylor
May 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings

I am new in the Adobe (and graphics) field, and now am "trying" to learn the basic elements of Adobe CS2. I am using a PC.

My delimma: I am attempting to create a business card, for my new company. I believe Photoshop CS2 is the correct place to develop this (?), before placing it into InDesign CS2 (?). I have selected my font (Myriad Regular – Blue), and have created the text in Photoshop CS2. However, I have not been able to find instruction (nor found a way by plugging away in both Photoshop CS2 and InDesign CS2), of how to place a black outline around each and every character of the text (i.e., each character outlined separately).

(Trust me — I’m learning, figuratively, by the "seat of my pants," as the computer learning center I have signed up for is not yet teaching CS2). I have ordered reference books for InDesign CS2, Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator CS2, however, the only one that is currently being shipped is on InDesign CS2 — the others will not be released for a couple of months.

Any help, suggestions, etc., would be greatly appreciated. This is driving me nuts!!!!!!!

Many thanks,

Bev.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Y
YrbkMgr
May 30, 2005
Assuming the text is still vector and on its own layer, use a Layer Style – the little "F" in the layer palette. Then use the Stroke feature.
BJ
beverly_j_taylor
May 30, 2005
Thank you for your reply — I’ll have to research "vector" to be sure that the text is vector. That’s where the "Help" feature comes into play! I know the text does have its own layer.

Next learning experience: Abode Bridge!!!

Cross your fingers, and thank you again.

Bev.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections