Could not synchronize the color settings because the color settings file could not be found.

DN
Posted By
Dave_N.
Nov 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop was not reliably functioning. I did a clean re-install of PE2 and I keep getting this error message with OS X 10.3. All files were deleted prior to the re-install. Suggestions?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 6, 2003
Hmm. Control the icon for the actual PE app ( not the folder) and choose "show package contents" Keep navigating down till you find a folder called "required." If they aren’t in there or you can’t get to that point, something is wrong with your install.

BTW, look but don’t touch when you’re rummaging around in there.
DN
Dave_N.
Nov 6, 2003
Barbara,
I found the folder and there are three items in the required folder: Full color/Limited Color/No color Management.csf files
Is there another file that should be in here?

Thanks,
Dave
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 6, 2003
No, that’s what should be there. I would try runing repair permissions first, then reinstalling again over your existing installation if that doesn’t fix it.

If it fails again, do you have another drive or partition with a lower version of X or with 9? You might try installing there and dragging it over to 10.3. I know several people have solved their problems with the Photoshop CS installer in 10.3 by doing it that way.
DN
Dave_N.
Nov 6, 2003
Just got off the phone with Adobe. In User/Library/Preferences/PhotoshopElelements I deleted the folder items. All appears well so far. Program launches but my scanner is not connected. I’ll test later.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections