SB
Posted By
Stuart_Bessler
Nov 7, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anybody point me to a clear explanation of PE2’s Color Management settings: Edit->Color Settings. The documentation explaining "No color management", "Limited color management", and Full color management" is worthless.

Thanks,
sb

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RL
Richard_Lynch
Nov 8, 2003
These settings really help you control the way you handle image profiles. Either you will want to forgo the influence of profiles (no color management does everything it can to remove color influence regarding profiles — or almost everything), manage color for RGB results (limited) or manage it for RGB>CMYK (full). Frankly, I think the descriptions are fallible, as it may be theory that doesn’t work in practice.

1. calibrate your monitor
2. choose No color management.

You may want to get the ignore EXIF plugin as well.

You should do this unless you really plan to study the use of profiles, make or purchase custom profiles, and fuss with them. You have to have a good reason to use profiles…many people I talk to and work with get better, more predictable results without them. Most people read the descriptions and choose full color management as that seems the most pleasing description. by calibrating you give yourself the option to see the right thing on screeen and don’t have to embed voodoo in your images.

Richard Lynch
SB
Stuart_Bessler
Nov 8, 2003
Richard —
Thank you.
sb

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections