M
Posted By
Maru63
May 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Here’s a simple one which I can’t seem to figure out.

I’m being supplied at work raw camera files for editing & optimsation. Normally raw nikon or canon tiff files.

I’m trying to set up an action to create JPEG versions of them so I can drop them into iview media so they can be edited down. My version of iView doesn’t support raw camera formats.
The problem is the action always pauses at the raw camera set up box & I have too manually click the OK. What am I doing wrong when I set up. can anyone help please?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
May 22, 2004
Maru63,

Unable to offer any advice on your action, forgive me for having the audacity to marvel at the idea of taking camera RAW images and mangling them into JPEG files to edit them further. It just boggles the mind.
P
PShock
May 22, 2004
I think by "editing down", he’s talking about *photo editing* (picking selects), not image manipulation.

Mauru63 –
Using an Action for this is soooo 90s. Try Dr. Brown’s Image Processor. <http://www.russellbrown.com/body.html>

It will perfect for your needs – and then some!

-phil
R
Ram
May 22, 2004
Phil,

Did I misread this?

I’m being supplied at work raw camera files for editing & optimsation.
[sic]
P
PShock
May 22, 2004
Well, no – not that part. But before you can "optimise", you have to know which images to work on.

I just took — "I’m trying to set up an action to create JPEG versions of them so I can drop them into iview media so they can be edited down." — to mean that he needs to get them into iView to make the selects.

You can’t manipulate images in iView and he didn’t mention anything about creating a catalog, so … the only other reason to use iView is to make selections. And since his version doesn’t support RAW, he wants to use jpeg…

Of course, this is mostly speculation. 🙂

-phil
BF
Bruce_Fraser
May 22, 2004
You need to check the "Suppress File Open Options Dialogs" button in the Batch dialog. (It’s probably a good idea to check "Suppress Color Profile Warnings" too.
M
macmanx
May 23, 2004
You can’t manipulate images in iView

Depends on which version he has…

With iView MediaPro 2 you CAN: Crop, Rotate, Resize, Sharpen, Color Correct, Adjust Saturation/Brighness/Contrast, Remove Red Eye, etc.
R
Ram
May 23, 2004
Funny how perceptions differ. I would have thought Maru is a “she”. Sorry.
M
macmanx
May 23, 2004
I would have thought Maru is a “she”.

Whoops! You could be right about that, Ramon. I’ve fallen into that ad hoc trap more times then I care to remember… 😉

But, then again…one never knows, nowadays. Certain names can be deceiving (especially forum ones!)
S
sunlei20042004
May 25, 2004
Download AlbumFamiy software at http://www.albumsfamily.com to help you

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections