C
Posted By
CWM73
May 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I want to make a preset with guides for title safe for making backgrounds in iDVD. i know i can "Save Preset…" in the "New…" dialog, but how do I save the guides as well?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
May 23, 2004
You can’t.

BUT, you can create a Photoshop Action that can quickly place the guides for you on a new document.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
May 23, 2004
Or you can set up a blank Photoshop document with everything the way you want it and use it as a template.
C
CWM73
May 23, 2004
Actually, I think I found a way. Control click on "Adobe Photoshop CS" and select "Show Package Contents", then got to "Contents" > "Required" > "Default New Doc Sizes.txt" and open it in TextEdit. I simply dupicated the first DV preset, changed it to 640 x 480 and left the rest of the data alone (which added the proper guides). I don’t know if this is recommended, but it worked.
CM
Chris_McCallum
Jun 28, 2004
Thanks this is exactly what I need to do to create a template for Widescreen Plasma displays behind newsreaders on TV! No I just have to see if the same applies in the windows version.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections