J
Posted By
JodiFrye
Nov 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have some brushes for those who wanted them to make X-mas cards. Very simple styles for backgrounds etc… some are pen pressure that use the foreground and background colors and the basic one click ones as well.

sample <http://www.mybizz.net/l/w/lwsfrye/pse2brushes.jpg>

file size 83kb

~ not available for PE1

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RR
Raymond Robillard
Nov 24, 2003
Jodi, those are wonderfull !!!!
JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 24, 2003
Hi Jodi, Those are really pretty, I could make our cards for this year! And put a photo of the grandkids on the inside. What a great idea.
Jane
J
JodiFrye
Nov 24, 2003
Jane, Is your e-mail still the same since the last time ? I have you on my list but not sure how old it is. Just mail me and I’ll send them to you. Thanks
J
JodiFrye
Nov 24, 2003
I hate to ask this but for those of you I sent my brushes to…could you reply and let me know that you received them OK. I just want to be sure since my mail has been acting up again lately.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 24, 2003
Jodi,

The brushes are so beauiful I would love to use them for my cards. Not sure how to E Mail you ….. probably simple but I can’t work it out.

I must be getting old 🙂

Wendy
SH
Stanley_Hellman
Nov 25, 2003
Jodi I have not been able to download the brushes. Your message is here, and I was able to download your sample images, but I couldn’t locate the brushes download access.

Stanley
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
Wendy, Stanley, if you click on my name here above this post you’ll find my e-mail address and I’ll mail them to you.
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
OOPS sorry, i guess i have to revise my profile…my adress seems to have disapeared.

edit
ok, fixed it
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Nov 25, 2003
Thanks Jodi,

E Mail on its way 🙂

Wendy
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
OK, I have sent to everyone who requested…hope you get them !!!!
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
ONe more thing, i can make these available for PE1 users but they will be basic one click brushes without the pen pressure options. I know there aren’t too many PE1 users left but let me know and I’ll mail them to you when i’m done with them…which should be very soon.
BG
Byron_Gale
Nov 25, 2003
Jodi,

Thank you, thank you, thank you…. These brushes are KEEPERS!

Byron
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 25, 2003
Jodi, are you getting my e-mails? Just wondering whether the ‘block’ is happening again…

🙁

Chuck
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
sorry Chuck, I received your mail and sent the brushes. If you didn’t get them let me know and I’ll try again.
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
Byron, you are soooooo welcome ! 🙂
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 25, 2003
Jodi, no joy here…no brushes from Jodi….
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
I sent a second reply to your second message….did you get it ? I did not send the brushes in the second reply. When i know for sure you are getting my mail then i’ll send them again.
CS
Chuck_Snyder
Nov 25, 2003
Jodi, no replies. Looks like one-way e-mail is happening again…
R
Ray
Nov 25, 2003
Jodi, send me the brushes and I’ll make them available on my webpage (that is, if you’d like)

Ray
JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 25, 2003
Hi Ray, I couldn’t download them properly, I don’t know what I did wrong, but they wouldn’t work for me through direct e-mail. (I have had trouble with other things like filters too thru e-mail.)
But I do seem to be able to get Jodi’s goodies off of your webpage. Must be a problem with my Mac OS.
Let us know,,,,,
Thank you again, and again, and again,
Jane
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
Ray, thank You ! I just sent them…Hope YOU get them. My isp is getting my call tomorrow. Getting very annoying. Some of you getting my mail and some not…hmmmm
R
Ray
Nov 25, 2003
Nothing got here so far…

Here are my two addresses :

However, Hotmail seems to have the hickups tonight… 🙁

Ray
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
well it’s late but I re-sent them. I’m very sorry to those of you who have requested my brushes and didn’t get them yet. I sent them but obviously that doesn’t mean much. Darn isp !
R
Ray
Nov 25, 2003
Here they are!

http://pages.infinit.net/carbone/jodi/Jodi_brushes.htm

They’re available compressed for both Mac (Stuffit) and Windows (Winzip).

Thanks to Jodi for creating such very nice addons (brushes, layer styles, etc).

Raymond
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
Ray, Thank You !!!!! You are an angel 🙂 I truly appreciate this.
R
Ray
Nov 25, 2003
Don’t ever hesistate to ask. It only takes a few minutes (2 to 5) to put up a small webpage with your stuff. And it’s so much more easy for everyone!

Btw, check what I did this week in the classroom… : http://www.pbase.com/image/23462257/original It does look like Flipper (with a very, very vivid imagination!)

Ray
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
That is soooo cool ! The colors are great ! Dolphins DO belong in the ocean. Thanks for not makin’ it look like Seaworld.
PL
Paul_L_UK
Nov 25, 2003
Jodi

The good thing about Seaworld, and other like minded organisations, is they raise awareness of the plight of many of the inhabitants of our planet, who are being slaughtered wholesale – by accident or design – with no thought of the consequencies. The more we are made aware of what is going on, the better chance we have of preventing more and more species being wiped out.

Fine, they may make the odd penny-or-two, but seeing what goes on behind the scenes – rescuing, caring for and re-introducing sick and injured animals back into the wild (those that are able) – seems to me to be more important than the exhibits, shows and rides. If the only way you can force this information down somebodys throat is at the bottom of a rollercoaster, then so be it; at least they will have had the exposure. From then on, it’s up to them.

Sure, dolphins do belong in the ocean, but it would be a shame if the only place you could eventually see them was stuffed and mounted on a museum wall.

So please, cut them a bit of slack.

Paul
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
Paul, I absolutely unserstand and agree with what you are saying. I did not mean to cut up Seaworld as it may have sounded. I just prefer to see animals in their natural habitat. Another thing, i was not upset that the tiger slashed his master. Tigers weren’t meant to jump through hoops of flames. I’ll argue this point t’il i’m blue in the face. I will never bring my children to a circus.
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 25, 2003
Jodi and Ray- I just downloaded and tried out Jodi’s snow flake brushes. Thank you both. They are GREAT. I will enjoy using them on holiday cards.

Terri
DS
Dick_Smith
Nov 25, 2003
Jodi,

On the odd chance you didn’t get my reply, I got the brushes ok.

Dick
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
Terri, I hope you like them I wasn’t even going to share them since i did not think they were good enough. Although i did play with them a bit at lowered opacity for backgrounds behind images and they kind of looked nice. Hope you find use for them.

Dick, yes I got your mail and replied….thank YOU !
TF
Terri_Foster
Nov 25, 2003
Jodi, they ARE NOT something to be ashamed of. I think you are seeing problems with them because of the artist in you. I think we all see the imperfections in what we do while others fail to see them because they were never owners of our vision. I’m sure I am not the only one who thinks they are great brushes. I don’t recall seeing any complaints…only compliments…so don’t be down on yourself.

Terri
R
Ray
Nov 25, 2003
Jodi sent me a PSE1 compatible set of brushes, so I uploaded them and updated the webpage for you to
download.

http://pages.infinit.net/carbone/jodi/Jodi_brushes.htm

Hit the refresh button if you don’t see the links for version 1.0

Ray
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
Ray, looks great !!! Thank You !!!! I wish I knew how to set that up. Thought i knew HTML but creating links for downloads is totally new to me. I could go look it up in my HTML for idiots book that a dear friend gave me…but you are doing such a fine job 😉
SK
Shan_Ko
Nov 25, 2003
Thank you Jodi for your star brushes, and Ray for posting them on your site again. These are great and comes timely.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Shan
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Nov 26, 2003
Jodi, as always, great work! Thanks, Ray, for putting them up.
BP
Bob_Polk
Nov 26, 2003
I have the brushes installed in the proper folder, but I can’t seem to get them to come up in the menu.
Bob
R
Ray
Nov 26, 2003
Bob, did you copy them in the presets\brushes folder ?
KL
Kenneth_Liffmann
Nov 26, 2003
Jodi – The brushes are great. Thanks.
Ray – I installed in Elements #1 without a hitch. Thanks for facilitating the download. Bob – After putting the file in Presets/brushes folder, I had to open Photoshop Elements, click on the brush icon, click on the triangle in the upper right, and then "load brushes." Then it worked.
Ken
LG
Lorace_Graham
Nov 26, 2003
Jodi,

Between the wonderful frames and these marvelous brushes, you have turned my Elements into a thousand dollar program!

Thank you so much. I’m in awe of your talent and I just love these brushes! I’ve filled pages and pages of stars and flakes just to watch them work!

Lorace
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 26, 2003
Glad you all like the brushes. It was fun makin’ them. Guess I better think about Valentine brushes ???? Or, are there no romantics left on the forum …

Lorace, you crack me up 😉 thanks.
D
Dimrilldell
Nov 27, 2003
Jodi: Thanks for the neat brushes.

Raymond: Thanks for posting them.

Kenneth: Thanks for the install info.

All very helpful to an Elements novice like me. People like you make this a great forum.

Dim
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 27, 2003
Dim, kind replies/posts from people like you make all the difference 😉 Thanks
F
franjo
Nov 27, 2003
Jodi

Just like to add my two pence worth, the brushes are great and thanks so much for sharing with us.

regards
fran
IK
Irene_K
Nov 29, 2003
Thank you Jodi. They are beautiful.

Irene K
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 29, 2003
oops, meant to get back here sooner. Thanks for downloading and using them. I appreciate it. 🙂 X~mas getting too close for comfort.,,ah but then it will be that much closer to spring !

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections