JD
Posted By
John_Daffy
Nov 25, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The Enhance drop down menu includes Variations which allow you to adjust colors, lighten photos etc. It seems that once you make some changes, they then become the default setting. When you open the next photo, you have to start working backwards again. Trouble is, I’ve made so many changes to so many different photos that the adjustments are now all out of whack. Please advise how I can get them back to their original default settings. For example, if I scan in a photo of someone now and open Variations to perhaps lighten it just a little, I find that the person’s face might be orange, or that there’s too way too much red because they were the options I selected last time. Just take me back to square one please.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
John, in PE1 there are two images at the top…the original and the ‘transitioned’ which is whichever options you used but if you click on the original image the transitions are removed. Also, try this; Hold down the alt key and the ‘cancel’ button turns to ‘reset’ then you can click on that. I’m not sure of the set up in PE2 but hopefully one of these approaches will work for you. If all else fails you can reset preferences for the entire program>hold down alt+ctrl+shift a split second after launching the ap then click ‘yes’ to the message.
JD
John_Daffy
Nov 25, 2003
Jodi
Many thanks – the >alt+ctrl+shift fixed it, albeit that it also is the only time I wish I had a slower processor. Had a window of around .01 of a second to click the three keys before program had launched. Much appreciated. Xmas cheer. John
JF
Jodi Frye
Nov 25, 2003
John, Glad it worked ! Just keep that tip handy cause sometimes the program gets a little off course and you may have to do it again at some point. I think I have done it twice since i started using the program ( reset prefs) but I remember the second time I wasted my time doing that cause it was more along the lines of user error that was screwing things up 😉

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections