Re: How do I restore PSE3 icon defaults in Explorer to open with CS?

D
Posted By
drmrbrewer
May 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
If I had $1 for everyone who shows up here having accepted the file associations in the PSE install script. It should come with a health warning.

I’ve now had the chance of re-installing the full version of PSE3, and also the CS2 tryout, and I have to say that there are NO options presented to you in the installation wizard to avoid this happening (unless it was REALLY well hidden). Sure, there are the file association options for image file formats like jpeg, tiff, psd and so on, but nothing for the various plug-ins and other presets. You can prevent your most recently installed Adobe application taking responsibility for jpegs and so on, but you can’t prevent all your preset files taking on the appearance of the new app. Which I find irritating. For example, I set all the options in the CS2 tryout to "Do Not Change", and still all my plugins have taken on the CS2 make-up. And once I wipe CS2 from my system, I wouldn’t be suprised if they are all left "homeless". I sure hope I don’t have to go through manually on each file type to reset them back to default to CS.

Mike

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections