D
Posted By
dms
Jan 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This can’t possibly be for real even or legal can it???

http://www.cdatlow.com/foryou/?oxygenase_estuarine_tents

I’ve been getting bombarded with similar junkmail from people that sent the link above. So what is the wrong with the software that they can sell it so cheap. Has Adobe checked them out yet?

Thanks
Dave

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups πŸ”₯

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JW
JP White
Jan 11, 2004
Dave wrote:

I’ve been getting bombarded with similar junkmail from people that sent the link above. So what is the wrong with the software that they can sell it so cheap. Has Adobe checked them out yet?

At one point in their website I spotted the following statement about this software.

This software is recognized as a backup software.

Whatever that means. OEM software which they mention on their home page is illegal to sell unless you sell it with hardware, which they don’t appear to be doing.

I suggest you don’t throw your money away on these guys, you may never get any of the supposed cheap software anyhow. They say

The software is shipped from Eastern Europe.

Good luck chasing them down if they don’t follow through. Sounds kinda dodgy to me.

JP
MM
max morrison
Jan 11, 2004
"Dave" wrote in message

Thanks
Dave

They claim it’s OEM software. My reading of this site
http://www.mysuperpc.com/oem_definition.shtml
suggests that they are above board —

"It’s become standard practice for the OEM to agree to a contract knowing they will end up with more product than they can use. The extra product is sold at cost to brokers. The brokers in turn sell smaller quantities for a mark-up to resellers at the retail level. The OEM product is typically cheaper and has a shorter warranty, often 30 days, and the warranty is through the reseller, not the manufacturer as is the case with retail products."

However, I’d be reluctant to deal with a website that doesn’t know how to use apostrophes correctly πŸ™‚
JN
Jurgen Nijhuis
Jan 11, 2004
On 10 Jan 2004 21:14:32 -0800, (Dave) wrote:

http://www.cdatlow.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
Dave

Yeah, nice try spamming Dave….
F
Farlo
Jan 11, 2004
(Dave) wrote:

Message-ID:

Huh. I’d forgotten that googles wasn’t in my killfilter anymore.

Farlo, the Urban Fey Dragon
BB
Bruce Barnett
Jan 11, 2004
"max morrison" writes:

They claim it’s OEM software. My reading of this site
http://www.mysuperpc.com/oem_definition.shtml
suggests that they are above board —

If they were legit – they wouldn’t spam.

Sending unsolicited commercial e-mail to this account incurs a fee of $500 per message, and acknowledges the legality of this contract.
B
Bobs
Jan 11, 2004

Thanks
Dave

No tech support and no manuals with these. OTOH, who ever uses tech support anyway? And most of these manuals are posted in various eBook newsgroups as PDF or CHM files. Might be worth giving it a try…
B
Bernie
Jan 11, 2004

This can’t possibly be for real even or legal can it??? So what is the wrong with the software that they
can sell it so cheap.

"you will not be able to register the software with the manufacturer and get their support"
Kind of says it all for me.

Has Adobe checked them out yet?

I once asked them about a site just like this one, and I was told: "buy it and try to register, if it’s a bad serial, we will let you know..you know, contact you".

Reach out and bust someone? I would imagine the seller is beyond their reach, but you, as the consumer, are not.
F
Farlo
Jan 12, 2004
Bobs wrote:

Might be worth giving it a try…

They need never send you product.
"Thanks for the check" … sucker.

What would you do? Complain?

Farlo, the Urban Fey Dragon
D
dms
Jan 12, 2004
Sorry, but I don’t think so…no relation. I just wanted an answer to a question. If it were legal it might be worth sitting back a version to not paying 90% of the cost.

Dave

Jurgen Nijhuis …

http://www.cdatlow.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks
Dave

Yeah, nice try spamming Dave….
S
Stuart
Jan 12, 2004
Dave wrote:

Thanks
Dave

Always follow the old adage ‘If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is’.

Never reply to junkmail of any kind and delete any spam before you even think about opening it.

Stuart
BB
Bruce Barnett
Jan 13, 2004
Check out what he news.admin.net-abuse.email has to say about the spammer.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en%7Clang_ fr&ie=ISO-8859-1&safe=off&q=cdatlow&btnG=Goo gle+Search&meta=group%3Dnews.admin.net-abuse.email

This company keeps the web site up as long as their ISP will let them operate. As soon as they are shut down for spamming, they create a new web address with a different name.

Might as well through your money away. Or send it to me…. πŸ™‚

Sending unsolicited commercial e-mail to this account incurs a fee of $500 per message, and acknowledges the legality of this contract.
S
stan
Jan 14, 2004
Dave wrote:

Do not deal with spammers.
S
SpecialEd
Jan 15, 2004

Thanks
Dave
G
gareeeNospam!
Jan 22, 2004
Never had to do this before, but hre’s what I need to try to do: I want to lasso a selection, select say 5 layers copy those selections in all those layers at the same toime, and then paste them into the same layers, and relocate them.

Basically I have multiple parts of a single image seperated in layers, and I need 2 copies of them now instead of just oneall seperated in the same layers.

(it’s all parts of a eye ball.. pupil, cornea, lens, veins, ect. I’m trying to avoid copying each selection in a layer, and trying to move them all exactly the same X-Y coordinates…it’s too easy to make a mistake moving so many…)

Is this even possible?

Gareee
T
tacitr
Jan 22, 2004
(it’s all parts of a eye ball.. pupil, cornea, lens, veins, ect. I’m trying to avoid copying each selection in a layer, and trying to move them all exactly the same X-Y coordinates…it’s too easy to make a mistake moving so many…)

I may not be following you here, but…

….why not just link the layers in the Layers palette so they all move together?

Rude T-shirts for a rude age: http://www.villaintees.com Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
W
wes
Jan 22, 2004
Or put the layers into a set and move that to the new image.
S
suzan
Jan 25, 2004
You have let’s say 5 layers making up one image. Correct? I’m going to go on that assumption. Veins, lens, cornea and so on making up an eyeball.

You want to duplicate all those layers and keep the images in exactly the same place they are in now. I’m not sure if you want to duplicate them in the same document, or copy them to a different new document, so here’s how to do either task.

First, make a duplicate of the file you are working on just incase you screw up.
You do that by opening the document and then going to the top menu Image>Duplicate. Name the Duplicate something different like Eyeball Test in the dialog box. It will pop up on top of the original document. Click on the original and close it so you don’t get confused. Be sure you are working in the Eyeball Test document. OK. Now:

First group all of the layers.
In the Layer Palette, select all of the layers by holding down the Shift key and clicking on each layer one at a time until they are all selected. Then while they are all selected, drag them — all at the same time — to the Create a New Set button on the bottom of the Layer’s Palette. It looks like a file folder. Now you have a Set that has all the items inside grouped. It will look like a file folder and when you click on the triangle next to the name, you will see all of the layers indented with little chain like things next to them indicating that they are all linked. Click on the Set 1 folder you just created and rename it "Whole Eyeball".

Then you can put it into a new document.
Holding down the Shift key drag the Whole Eyeball Folder to another document. When you hold down the Shift key while dragging it places the Whole Eye Ball layers in exactly the same position in the new document. If you don’t hold down the Shift key, the layers, as a Set, are just put into the new document any old place and you have to reposition them. This works when you are dragging a layer or a set to a new document. Layers and sets are treated just the same in Photoshop. Now the only reason you would drag them into another document is if this other document has information in it already that you need to move the Whole Eyeball into. If all you are doing is making a new document, just duplicate it with Image>Duplicate.

Or you can make duplicate Sets in the same document:
You can make a copy of the Whole Eyeball folder (with all your layers in place inside) by dragging it to the Make New Layer button on the bottom of the Layer’s Palette. Yes, you drag the folder to the Make New Layer button. It looks like a page with the corner turned down. Now you have two duplicate sets in the same document. You may want to click on the name Whole Eyeball copy and rename it so you know what it is i.e. Whole Eyeball Blue if you are changing the iris to blue.

Now you can apply universal changes to either Set. Since all your layers are grouped in a set, you can apply styles, change colors, all kinds of things.

I recommend Photoshop CS Classroom in a Book, Lesson (I think) 14 or 15. Goes over all this plus a lot of other information.

Good luck!

Suzan
C
cantexadian
Jan 26, 2004
"GareeeΒ©" <gareeeNospam!@charter.net> wrote in message news:…
Never had to do this before, but hre’s what I need to try to do: I want to lasso a selection, select say 5 layers copy those selections in all those layers at the same toime, and then paste them into the same layers, and relocate them.

Basically I have multiple parts of a single image seperated in layers, and I need 2 copies of them now instead of just oneall seperated in the same layers.

Is this even possible?
—————————————–

Here is a neat trick I have tried. This technique will allow you to merge all visible layers onto a single new layer, at the same time, without disturbing the original 5 layers. All the 5 layers will be merged onto the single layer in one click. Here’s how:
Make sure you have all the layers you want to merge visible (eyeball on).

1.Start by creating a new empty Top layer, by clicking the Create New Layer icon in Layers Palette.
2.Hold down Alt (Windows) WHILE selecting -Merge Visible- from the pop out menu (accessible from the upper right arrow of the Layers palette)
3.When you are pressing the alt key, PS doesn’t want you to access
the flyout menu, but if you click on the arrow and slide the cursor into the selection, you can select the Merge Visable portion of the menu.(that’s the tricky part)

What this does is copy and merge all the layers, that were visible, onto the New layer you had created.
All the Attributes in all the visible layers are merged onto the New Single Layer.

Good Luck,
Nikki
G
gareeeNospam!
Jan 28, 2004
Thanks for the assistance! I’ve used photoshop for years now, and never used almost any of the things you mentioned!

Ya learn something new EVERY day with photoshop! LOL!!

"suz" wrote in message
You have let’s say 5 layers making up one image. Correct? I’m going to go on that assumption. Veins, lens, cornea and so on making up an eyeball.

You want to duplicate all those layers and keep the images in exactly the same place they are in now. I’m not sure if you want to duplicate them in the same document, or copy them to a different new document, so here’s how to do either task.

First, make a duplicate of the file you are working on just incase you screw up.
You do that by opening the document and then going to the top menu Image>Duplicate. Name the Duplicate something different like Eyeball Test in the dialog box. It will pop up on top of the original document. Click on the original and close it so you don’t get confused. Be sure you are working in the Eyeball Test document. OK. Now:

First group all of the layers.
In the Layer Palette, select all of the layers by holding down the Shift key and clicking on each layer one at a time until they are all selected. Then while they are all selected, drag them — all at the same time — to the Create a New Set button on the bottom of the Layer’s Palette. It looks like a file folder. Now you have a Set that has all the items inside grouped. It will look like a file folder and when you click on the triangle next to the name, you will see all of the layers indented with little chain like things next to them indicating that they are all linked. Click on the Set 1 folder you just created and rename it "Whole Eyeball".

Then you can put it into a new document.
Holding down the Shift key drag the Whole Eyeball Folder to another document. When you hold down the Shift key while dragging it places the Whole Eye Ball layers in exactly the same position in the new document. If you don’t hold down the Shift key, the layers, as a Set, are just put into the new document any old place and you have to reposition them. This works when you are dragging a layer or a set to a new document. Layers and sets are treated just the same in Photoshop. Now the only reason you would drag them into another document is if this other document has information in it already that you need to move the Whole Eyeball into. If all you are doing is making a new document, just duplicate it with Image>Duplicate.
Or you can make duplicate Sets in the same document:
You can make a copy of the Whole Eyeball folder (with all your layers in place inside) by dragging it to the Make New Layer button on the bottom of the Layer’s Palette. Yes, you drag the folder to the Make New Layer button. It looks like a page with the corner turned down. Now you have two duplicate sets in the same document. You may want to click on the name Whole Eyeball copy and rename it so you know what it is i.e. Whole Eyeball Blue if you are changing the iris to blue.
Now you can apply universal changes to either Set. Since all your layers are grouped in a set, you can apply styles, change colors, all kinds of things.

I recommend Photoshop CS Classroom in a Book, Lesson (I think) 14 or 15. Goes over all this plus a lot of other information.
Good luck!

Suzan
G
gareeeNospam!
Jan 28, 2004
Hmm another interesting trick. I don’t need to merge the layers though, just copy all the images in 5 layers, and move the new set. Still this trick might come in useful for another project! Thanks for sharing!!

"nikki" wrote in message
"Gareee

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections