PW
Posted By
philip_watson
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anybody tell me what I can do so that I can read this file? The file that Ive been working on for some weeks now, I saved out different versions of it each time. The file is over 1GB, and the last 10 or so versions of the file that I try to open will not be read by PS CS, or PS 7 without giving me the error. I need help. Dire need. A deadline looms and I would be extremely upset if Im to realize that Ive lost all my hard work. Please somebody tell me that these files can be salvaged and opened. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

G
graffiti
Jun 3, 2004
Are you saving over a network?
R
Ram
Jun 3, 2004
Philip,

If you are opening files over a network or saving them to a network server, cease and desist immediately. That’s a BIG no-no.

See:

Buko "Issues When Working from Networks or Removable Media" 3/23/03 11:02am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>
and:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/19dd2.htm?code=TA>

Copy the CLOSED file from your server to your local HD, work on it, save it again to your HD, close it, and copy the closed file back to the server.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 3, 2004
Your problem is probably related to this thread:
Carol Detwiler "Could not open "file name" because it is not the right kind of document" 6/3/04 10:13am </cgi-bin/webx?13>

One of the ideas stated there MIGHT recover your file — if you are very lucky.

If all else fails, try opening the file in Illustrator and then Export it back to a .psd (saving its layers).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections