C
Posted By
coert
Aug 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I get warnings that my file, which I saved with the same version I want to open it with, is made with a wrong version of photoshop. I run photoshop 7.01 in a windows computer. After this warning I cannot start the file anymore. I tried on several computers but the same thing happens. Is anyone familiar with this problem?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

P
Phosphor
Aug 29, 2003
It can mean that the file is corrupt.
C
coert
Aug 29, 2003
Chris thank you for your reply. Do you have any suggestion as to what could corrupt a file this way. I had this a couple of times know and I’m just wondering if I have problem with my system or has it something to do with photoshop. I know this is an almost impossible question, but anyway…
V
viol8ion
Aug 29, 2003
Do you have any suggestion as to what could corrupt a file this way.

Are you working over a network? Saving to a removable HD or Zip disk? You should always work and save to your local HD.

Were the files over 2 gig? I believe there is a file size limit to PS files. I don’t know what the warnign is if you exceed the file size limit, however.
Y
YrbkMgr
Aug 29, 2003
Also, sometimes AOL will save a file as BMP when it’s really a JPG. If you tell photoshop to open that BMP, and it’s a JPG, you’ll also get that error. So, try changing the extension to JPG first or use File|Open As… and select JPG as the file type.

Peace,
Tony

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections