TK
Posted By
Tamara_K._Schechter
Nov 29, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try and access the HELP menu, an error menu says COULD NOT OPEN THE FILE. PLEASE MAKE SURE FILE EXISTS AND IS ACCESSIBLE. What is the problem? Thanks, Tamara

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 29, 2003
The most likely reason for this happening is that people are using an ISP such as AOL, CompuServe, or Yahoo that comes with its own internet browser. Those have been customized to criteria set by the ISP and won’t open the HTML Help files. The Help files require a plain vanilla version of Internet Explorer, Netscape, or Safari, or something similar.

If you are using one of the browsers that has been customized, you need to set a plain vanilla one as your default web browser. You don’t give any platform or system information, so I can only give general instructions. The default setting is somewhere within Control Panels>InternetAccess>Web.

This usually cures the problem. If it doesn’t work for you, repost with more information, please.
TK
Tamara_K._Schechter
Nov 29, 2003
Thanks! You are correct; I use a browser different from IE, but I will set IE as the default when I want to us the help menu. I really appreciate your reply. If I need more help, I will holler, along with more info.
BH
Beth_Haney
Nov 29, 2003
Tamara, you can set the Default browser without disturbing your online access. I’ve never figured that part out, but it works! I think it’s because the default web browser applies only to HTML files that are being opened offline.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections