RG
Posted By
rob_gonzales
Nov 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an EPSON Perfection 2400 Photo Scanner with the Adobe Photoshop Elements CD-ROM included. I cannot install the Elements. Keeps wanting to open Classic 9. I have deleted OS9 and do not want to use it on my machine. Is there a way to install without OS9?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

JC
Jane_Carter
Nov 30, 2003
Beth Haney "Installing Photoshop Elements 2.0 in MAC OS X 10.3" 11/30/03 8:14am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>
Here is another thread right here that is addressing the problem. I am still using OS 9.2.2 and don’t plan to upgrade yet.
Good luck,
Jane
JH
Joe_Henry1000
Nov 30, 2003
Ron,

Is the bundled version of Elements that came with your scanner version 2? If it’s version 1 it’s a classic app and you must run it from Classic.

Joe
RG
rob_gonzales
Dec 2, 2003
It is 1.0.1 on the bundle … do you know if Adobe will upgrade to v2?
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 2, 2003
Adobe sells distribution rights to Elements to various manufacturers who bundle it with their software, so they lose control over what’s packaged with hardware. If this is a scanner you bought recently, I’m surprised Epson is still shipping it with version 1.

There is no upgrade program for Elements (bundled or not), although your version 1 would be worth a $30 rebate on the purchase of version 2. Amazon usually has it available for about $50.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections