Posted By
Alan
Dec 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Help please…
I’ve purchased Photoshop Elements V4. Once it starts loading, I get the blue screen of death (0X0000008E) telling me to either change video adaptors/disable driver/bios update and disable memory
options such as caching or shadowing. Having tried all the options it still wont load. I have Win XP home.. Anybody know of any conflicts with this software or workabouts.? ..
Thanks
Alan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

A
Alan
Dec 30, 2005
"Alan" wrote in message
| Help please…
| I’ve purchased Photoshop Elements V4. Once it starts loading, I get the blue screen of death | (0X0000008E) telling me to either change video adaptors/disable driver/bios update and disable | memory
| options such as caching or shadowing. Having tried all the options it still wont load. | I have Win XP home.. Anybody know of any conflicts with this software or workabouts.? | .
| Thanks
| Alan
|

Replying to myself….
Have managed to get through to Adobe support and they tell me that my processor does not support this package.
JM
Joseph Meehan
Dec 30, 2005
Alan wrote:
"Alan" wrote in message
| Help please…
| I’ve purchased Photoshop Elements V4. Once it starts loading, I get | the blue screen of death (0X0000008E) telling me to either change | video adaptors/disable driver/bios update and disable memory | options such as caching or shadowing. Having tried all the options | it still wont load.
| I have Win XP home.. Anybody know of any conflicts with this | software or workabouts.? .
| Thanks
| Alan
|

Replying to myself….
Have managed to get through to Adobe support and they tell me that my processor does not support this package.

Sorry to hear that.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
B
Bob
Jan 1, 2006
Just out of curiosity, what processer do you have?

Bob

"Alan" wrote in message
"Alan" wrote in message
| Help please…
| I’ve purchased Photoshop Elements V4. Once it starts loading, I get the blue screen of death
| (0X0000008E) telling me to either change video adaptors/disable driver/bios update and disable
| memory
| options such as caching or shadowing. Having tried all the options it still wont load.
| I have Win XP home.. Anybody know of any conflicts with this software or workabouts.?
| Thanks
| Alan
|

Replying to myself….
Have managed to get through to Adobe support and they tell me that my processor
does not support this package.

A
Alan
Jan 2, 2006
| > | Help please…
| > | .
| > | I’ve purchased Photoshop Elements V4. Once it starts loading, I get the | > blue screen of death
| > | (0X0000008E) telling me to either change video adaptors/disable | > driver/bios update and disable
| > | memory
| > | options such as caching or shadowing. Having tried all the options it | > still wont load.
| > | I have Win XP home.. Anybody know of any conflicts with this software or | > workabouts.?
| > | .
| > | Thanks
| > | Alan
| > |
| >
| > Replying to myself….
| > Have managed to get through to Adobe support and they tell me that my | > processor
| > does not support this package.
| >
| >
|
"Bob" wrote in message
| Just out of curiosity, what processer do you have?

Although he seemed to find out knowing the basic details from System Properties/General tab… AMD Athlon 1800+ 1.50GHz. Looking in the System information it shows the following.. x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1 Authentic AMD 1500 Mhz.
It doesn’t mean a thing to me, but he seemed to no what he was talking about. Something about a SSE needed? and no amount of upgrading will run the software. Not technical minded its a bit all foreign to me.
Hope it helps.
Alan
AG
AKA gray asphalt
Jan 8, 2006
"Alan" wrote in message
| > | Help please…
| > | .
| > | I’ve purchased Photoshop Elements V4. Once it starts loading, I get the | > blue screen of death
| > | (0X0000008E) telling me to either change video adaptors/disable | > driver/bios update and disable
| > | memory
| > | options such as caching or shadowing. Having tried all the options it | > still wont load.
| > | I have Win XP home.. Anybody know of any conflicts with this software or | > workabouts.?
| > | .
| > | Thanks
| > | Alan
| > |
| >
| > Replying to myself….
| > Have managed to get through to Adobe support and they tell me that my | > processor
| > does not support this package.
| >
| >
|
"Bob" wrote in message
| Just out of curiosity, what processer do you have?

Although he seemed to find out knowing the basic details from System Properties/General tab… AMD Athlon 1800+ 1.50GHz. Looking in the System information it shows the following.. x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1 Authentic AMD 1500 Mhz.
It doesn’t mean a thing to me, but he seemed to no what he was talking about. Something about a SSE needed? and no amount of upgrading will run the software. Not technical minded its a bit all foreign to me.
Hope it helps.
Alan

If you want to reopen your case with Adobe and ask
them for details (this doesn’t sound right to me because I’ve got an AMD 1800 running full photoshop 6 w/ no
problems … tell them you want to share what they say
with an online photoshop elements newsgroup and they
might be able to give you some information that will help all of us.
Good luck.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections