LC
Posted By
Leigh_Cocker
Jun 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello, I have photoshop 7 installed on my ibook and want to have a play around with it to see what I can do with my photo’s I have taken.
I know nothing about PS as I have never used it before, Are there any only tutorials out there that are easy to follow and get to grips with, nothing to indepth just the basic,
similar to this site would be good <http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 8, 2004
I hate to ask, but ……
How did Photoshop 7 get to be installed on your ibook?

If you purchased Photoshop, you should have the Manual which came in the box with the CD. It might be good to start by reading it?
LC
Leigh_Cocker
Jun 8, 2004
the manual is massive, Why is it that on this board when someone asks a question you get reply’s like ‘why do that’

Please never acuse me of having illegal software again or I will put in a complaint against you.

If you cannot answer my question please do not answer at all.
R
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
Leigh,

Photoshop has a very steep learning curve. It’s not really for the occasional user.

It’s certainly worth putting in the effort to learn it, because it is a very powerful and versatile program. But no "basic" tutorial can begin to teach you even the basics.

I would recommend starting with "Photoshop Classroom in a Book", which you can buy from Amazon.com or from Adobe. It comes with a CD, and well structured lessons.

This is a user to user forum, no one has any obligation to reply to your posts or give you any help. If you want to attack and issue childish threats, you won’t get very far here.

It’s understandable that those of us who paid hard earned money for a legitimate Adobe Photoshop license tend to look askance at those who possess illegal copies of the program. Your post certainly lent itself to such an interpretation. If that is not the case, you could have easily just replied that you do in fact have the install CD and the User Guide. No need for any other antics.

The best advice remains RTFM (read the fine manual); then do Classroom in a Book.
R
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
Oh, the manual is not that massive. Classroom in a Book is thicker, but worth it.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 9, 2004
Just read the first three chapters. No one reads the rest of it it’s for nerds and geeks. And don’t even think of buying another Photoshop book.

I heard that there might be tutorials listed on Google but I’m not sure about that. It’s just a rumor.

If Ann gives you any more problems call 911. They have a file on her as long as your arm. She’s a known troublemaker.
LC
Leigh_Cocker
Jun 9, 2004
so by me posting a question that is not in the usual format of this board I am deemed to have illegal software?

great , I bet you are american huh !

wnakers
R
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
Leigh,

I know for a fact that not all Britons are like you. Thankfully.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 9, 2004
What is a wnaker? A new kind of crunchy snack I bet!
AW
Allen_Wicks
Jun 9, 2004
I suspect a misspelling of wanker; perhaps even purposeful to get past the rudeness filters. I also suspect that Leigh may not get too much help here…

FYI, Leigh, the iBook is a (relatively) inexpensive light-duty computer while Photoshop is expensive heavy duty software. Although some folks do indeed use PS on iBooks, at US$700 per copy few of us common folks can afford to legally "have Photoshop 7 installed on my ibook and want to have a play around with it." In the experience of us commoners such a situation is often representative of an illegal PS copy. And since we are creative folks here, we tend to be very sensitive about intellectual property rights, including Adobe’s.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 9, 2004
Hopefully, this particular Briton bears no resemblance to the honourable (with a small "h") Leigh.

And how interesting that you bought a $700 program (I think it costs more in the UK?) just to "play around with it to see what I can do".
LC
Leigh_Cocker
Jun 9, 2004
how i Spend my hard earned money has nothing to do with you, would you have thought I bought a 1,6 g5 with 1gb of ram just for surfing the web and email, but hey that must be a fake 1.6 with fictional ram installed.
R
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
a 1,6 g5 with 1gb of ram

🙂
LC
Leigh_Cocker
Jun 9, 2004
it flies mate, it really does !
R
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
But a paltry 1GB of RAM in such a great machine?
LC
Leigh_Cocker
Jun 9, 2004
plus ipod , plus 17inch apple screen plus photoshop, just about cleared me out of my six monthly spend,, more ram is in order just not now. does that satisfy you at all ?
R
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
Actually, Leigh, I couldn’t care less. I was just pointing other potential readers in the right direction, that’s all.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 9, 2004
Interesting that what began as an ibook at the beginning of the thread has now morphed into a G5.
R
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
Yes, Ann. It was transparent from the beginning.
LC
Leigh_Cocker
Jun 9, 2004
lol. you guys cannot accept it can you, idiots. ok heres proof.

<http://www.spymac.com/gallery/show_photo.php?picid=157296>
R
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
Time for the hosts to delete all of this guy’s posts.
LC
Leigh_Cocker
Jun 9, 2004
and why is that providing proof of my stuff when I get accused of piracy and lying ? I call that Right to Reply.
R
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
Because you’re a moron.
LC
Leigh_Cocker
Jun 9, 2004
Explain., oh no, you cant, I ask a question, get accused of piracy, Stand my corner, defend my self, prove my self and I’m a moran ?

If that’s the best you can come up with it says a lot about you doesnt it !
R
Ram
Jun 9, 2004
You have insulted users of this forum ever since your second message, post #3 in this thread. You have violated the terms of use of this forum. Grow up little boy. Learn to use a spelling checker; nobody called you a "moran". You’re a moron.
LC
Leigh_Cocker
Jun 9, 2004
insulted people, yeah after I was accused of piracy,
someone needs to land a couple of planes on your house in my opinion.
P
Phosphor
Jun 9, 2004
My cat’s breath smells like cat food.
LC
Leigh_Cocker
Jun 9, 2004
agree. strange that huh 😉
PR
Paul Richardson
Jun 11, 2004
On 6/8/04 11:42 PM, in article ,
"" wrote:

lol. you guys cannot accept it can you, idiots. ok heres proof.
<http://www.spymac.com/gallery/show_photo.php?picid=157296>

Use one, a book that is, called Photoshop Classroom (I think) I am at the office. Comes with a CD with examples for the tutorials in the book. I have found it quite useful so far

Good luck

LP
Louise_Parrish
Jun 12, 2004
Leigh

I could be wrong but I seem to remember that a tutorial on PS7 was included (Total Training by Deke Mclellad) came with it, tahe a look in the box to make sure you did not miss it.

Louise Parrish
LP
Louise_Parrish
Jun 12, 2004
Leigh

I could be wrong but I seem to remember that a tutorial on PS7 (Total Training by Deke Mclellad) came with it, take a look in the box to make sure you did not miss it.

Louise Parrish
LC
Leigh_Cocker
Jun 12, 2004
Thank you louise, most decent answer out of the lot,

thanks again/.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections