DS
Posted By
Dick Snyder
Nov 27, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I do simple editing with Picasa but from time to time I use Photoshop Elements 4.0. While I can generally get the things done I want with PE 4.0, I just know I could do a lot better with more knowledge. Can anyone recommend a good tutorial or book that I can use to learn PE 4.0 in a more structured way than just jumping in and hacking around?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DS
Dick Snyder
Nov 27, 2007
"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I do simple editing with Picasa but from time to time I use Photoshop Elements 4.0. While I can generally get the things done I want with PE
I just know I could do a lot better with more knowledge. Can anyone recommend a good tutorial or book that I can use to learn PE 4.0 in a more structured way than just jumping in and hacking around?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

I gave decided to go to PE 6.0 as I can get it from an Adobe employee for their price. Same question about tutorial/book but now for 6.0.
JM
Joseph Meehan
Nov 27, 2007
The book that comes with version 6 is not bad. You might also try "The Photoshop Elements Book for Digital Photographers.

I do simple editing with Picasa but from time to time I use Photoshop Elements 4.0. While I can generally get the things done I want with PE
I just know I could do a lot better with more knowledge. Can anyone recommend a good tutorial or book that I can use to learn PE 4.0 in a more
structured way than just jumping in and hacking around?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

I gave decided to go to PE 6.0 as I can get it from an Adobe employee for their price. Same question about tutorial/book but now for 6.0.

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit
DS
Dick Snyder
Nov 27, 2007
Thanks. I read the user reviews of "The Photoshop Elements Book for Digital Photographers" on Amazon but they were quite positive. I was unaware that PE came with any manuals. I thought all their stuff was in the help file. I guess I will wait until I receive version 6 in a few weeks and look at the book/manual that comes with it. I have filed away the name of the book you gave me so I will check that out. Our library system has the 2003 version so I can check out the style of the information for free and then buy the latest version of the book (for PE 5.0) if all looks good. Thanks again. "Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
The book that comes with version 6 is not bad. You might also try "The Photoshop Elements Book for Digital Photographers.

I just know I could do a lot better with more knowledge. Can anyone recommend a good tutorial or book that I can use to learn PE 4.0 in a more
structured way than just jumping in and hacking around?

TIA.

Dick Snyder

Joseph Meehan

Dia ‘s Muire duit

ID
Ian D
Nov 28, 2007
Thanks. I read the user reviews of "The Photoshop Elements Book for Digital Photographers" on Amazon but they were quite positive. I was unaware that PE came with any manuals. I thought all their stuff was in the help file. I guess I will wait until I receive version 6 in a few weeks and look at the book/manual that comes with it. I have filed away the name of the book you gave me so I will check that out. Our library system has the 2003 version so I can check out the style of the information for free and then buy the latest version of the book (for PE
5.0) if all looks good. Thanks again.
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message

Photoshop Elements 6 – The Missing Manual, is also very good. Just released on October by O’Reilly.

There’s also Advanced Photoshop Elements 5.0 for Digital Photographers. It goes into great detail, with examples, in the use of all tools and menus. There are some differences in Ver 6.0, but probably 90% is applicable as far as photo editing is concerned. The menus may have different layouts and contents, but most of the functions are there. This is a Focal Press book.
DS
Dick Snyder
Nov 28, 2007
"Ian D" wrote in message
Thanks. I read the user reviews of "The Photoshop Elements Book for Digital Photographers" on Amazon but they were quite positive. I was unaware that PE came with any manuals. I thought all their stuff was in the help file. I guess I will wait until I receive version 6 in a few weeks and look at the book/manual that comes with it. I have filed away the name of the book you gave me so I will check that out. Our library system has the 2003 version so I can check out the style of the information for free and then buy the latest version of the book (for PE
5.0) if all looks good. Thanks again.
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message

Photoshop Elements 6 – The Missing Manual, is also very good. Just released on October by O’Reilly.

There’s also Advanced Photoshop Elements 5.0 for Digital Photographers. It goes into great detail, with examples, in the use of all tools and menus.
There are some differences in Ver 6.0, but probably 90% is applicable as far as photo editing is concerned. The menus may have different layouts and contents, but most of the functions are there. This is a Focal Press book.
Thanks for the reference. This book is also in our library system (the one for PE 4.0 anyway) so I have requested it in order to look at it before deciding what to buy.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections