IE
Posted By
Inger_Edgar
Jun 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m on a G5 OS 10.3 (Panther) using PS/CS and InDesign/CS. When I opened an InDesignCS file containing two EPS images (CMYK photos) with clipping paths originally created in PS 7.0, one image retained its path the other did not. I then opened both images in PS/CS to check for any variation between the two and found none. This document is one that is repeated over time so I need to duplicate it as it originally was printed.

T.I.A., Inger

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

IE
Inger_Edgar
Jun 9, 2004
Hi,

I’ve found the solution. It’s an InDesignCS issue, for those of you who may come up against the same problem when placing PS/CS docs into ID pages. Select the image, look over at "Styles", in the "Swatch" menu "fill" should be "none" not "paper"

Got to get used to these little nuances when working with this Creative Suite package. But I know I’m going to love once we’ve been rolling along for a while.

Ha – always the "cockeyed optimist"

Good Luck to All,

I.
B
Buko
Jun 9, 2004
Why bother using .eps if you are using IDCS

why not just place a transparent .psd
L
Lando
Jun 13, 2004
Some houses won’t accept anything but an eps or a cmyk tiff no matter how InDesign handles the files, I’ve learned.
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Jun 13, 2004
Adobe doesn’t make an imposition application.
InDesign is not yet the Printing Industry’s "norm". Most images with deleted backgrounds are badly done.
Most EPSs with clipping paths can be edited.
B
Buko
Jun 13, 2004
Why not give the printer a PDF??
LT
Laurentiu_Todie
Jun 13, 2004
PDFs can (badly) resample hirez files.
If they’re not accompanied by the original files, they can be more trouble, in many other ways. Stochastic output (for instance) doesn’t have the same resolution requirements as halftone. If all you have is 300ppi you cannot get the best output possible.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 14, 2004
I have never had bad press output from a PDF.
What PDF profile are you using?
And is "Optimize for Fast Web View" UN-checked?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections