DC
Posted By
David_Calkins
Dec 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I previously had Version 1.0.1 of Photoshop Elements installed on my older Dell Inspiration, as part of bundled program with my Epson Printer (or Scanner). Now I have new Computer with XP, and can’t get beyond "shield installation" attempts in installing. I have the Serial number of the CD, for whatever that is worth. Help!!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

NS
Nancy_S
Dec 3, 2003
David,

I run version 1 on my Dell 8300 with WinXP Pro without a hitch. Programs must be installed by a User that has Administrator rights or who is the Administrator. Could this be the problem?

Do you have antivirus software disabled when installing PSE? Try copying the disk to your hard drive and install in safe mode if my first two ideas weren’t appropriate.
DC
David_Calkins
Dec 4, 2003
Thank you, NANCY S

I retried again, making sure Norton antivirus was off, and it loaded quickly and appears to run just fine. I was certain NAV was off before, but maybe not.

Thanks, again

Dave C
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 4, 2003
David,

Ah, good! I’m sure that was frustrating!!
SW
Sally_Weigand
Dec 7, 2003
I got PE2 with a Minolta slide scanner, installed it on my computer and it works fine there. HOwever I just bought a new Dell with Win. XP and the PE2 CD will not install. When I click the CD drive it doesn’t show anything there. Going through Run, nothing shows up in the CD drive on Browse. I installed several other programs on the Dell from this drive so I know it is working. I tried installing PE2 after disablng my McAfee virus software but that didn’t change anything. Any help will be most appreciated.
NS
Nancy_S
Dec 7, 2003
Sally,

Strange, indeed.

You might try copying the disk to your HD and installing from there or in Safe Mode. Disabling Norton is a must! If this doesn’t work for you, come back.
SW
Sally_Weigand
Dec 10, 2003
Thanks for the advice but I cannot even access the PS2 CD to copy it. The CD drive shows nothing in it when the software CD is there. I have used other CDs in the drive and created some music CDs with it so I don’t understand why this particular CD isn’t recognized.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections