BB
Posted By
Bill_Beintema
Dec 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there any way to change the color and width of the wood frame effect? I’m trying to put a frame around a picture and need to make those changes. Naturally, I’m a newbie so any help will be appreciated.

Mr. Bill

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JF
Jodi Frye
Dec 3, 2003
Bill, I can’t think off hand which wood frame you mentioned but to make the frame larger/smaller try ‘scale effects’..it’s in toolbar under ‘layer’>layer style>scale effects. As far as changing the color of the frame there are a few different ways ( more than a few ) but try this; make a rectangular marquee selection around the inside of the frame then ‘select inverse’ ( right click PC for this option )then go to toolbar>layer>new fill layer> choose solid color and change blend mode to ‘color’ and pick a new color. Other blend modes work well so play a bit.
JF
Jodi Frye
Dec 3, 2003
Bill, after looking over the program I realized the wood frame you used is in ‘effects ‘ ? If so the ‘scale effects’ wont work with that…well, at least in PE1 they don’t. You are better off making your own frame> make a new layer above the image you wish to put a frame on and make a rectangular marquee around the inside of the new layer…and select inverse…where you put your marquee selection will be the size your frame will extend to…then fill with any color…use paint bucket or alt+backspace and then apply the woodgrain ‘layer style’…in PE1 this is listed under ‘complex’ but i think they changed the menu in PE2 but it’s in there somewhere…then double click on the cursive ‘f’ that is on that layer to change the bevel and lighting angle if you wish. This is just one way. Perhaps you have a woodgrain pattern that you would rather fill with and then you could apply a bevel layer style…lots of ways.
BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 3, 2003
You can’t use Scale to change the size in PSE 2, either, Jodi. Thanks for the instructions on making our own, though! 🙂 I’d used a slightly different method, but yours is faster.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections