JL
Posted By
John_Lieu
May 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi. I need to export a custom slide show (with audio) from one PC to another PC, both running PSE 3.0. I need to do this because I am getting a error trying to save the slide show to the WMV format on the PC the slide show was created on. I would like to move it to another PC to see if I can create it on another PC.I want to avoid recreating the slide show.

TIA….James

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
Colin_Walls
May 4, 2005
I don’t understand what it is that you want to export. If you can’t make the WMV file, you haven’t got a slideshow. The "creation" is just a specification that is stored in your catalog. You could move your catalog and all images to the other computer, but I imagine you don’t want to do that.

Exactly what error are you getting? Better to try fixing that.
O
o3v3tz
May 4, 2005
John,

First, a question about the Custom slideshow parameters on the PC where you built the Custom Slideshow.

What WMV quality level did you specify?

Second, for copying to the other PC.

I conclude that you have separate catalogs on each machine.

-Did you save the Custom Slideshow as a Creation and is it visible in the Photo Broswer as a Creation?
-Do all the photo and audio files already exist on the other PC? Are they in exactly the same folder path as on the original PC?

If yes to these questions, here is what I would try. However, I have never done this and am not sure if it will work. I would copy the Organizer Catalog file to the other PC. Give this catalog a file name different than any other catalog on the same machine; it can be copied in to a folder under My Documents. Then do a File > Catalog > Open and navigate to the folder of the copied catalog and open it. Look for the Creation thumbnail for this Custom Slideshow in the Photo Browser on the second machine and click on it to open the Create process and see what is there. Best case is that everything is in place and you can choose WMV quality then try to save as a WMV file.

If you have used the default Catalog name and location on your first PC, you can find it with

Filename of My Catalog.psa in folder

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Adobe\Catalogs

Reminder – NOT to put it in same location with same name on second computer because you could wipe out the default catalog of PSE 3 on that computer.

Please do post your results back to the forum.

Barb O
O
o3v3tz
May 4, 2005
I am getting a error trying to save the slide show to the WMV format

An additional thought

I interpreted your original post to mean the problem happens during the write of the .wmv file to your hard drive. If this is true, then I think my post and Colin’s do apply.

However, I do recollect that on one custom slideshow I did experience a problem importing the WMV file to the Organizer – but the .wmv file itself was ok (saved in the folder that I had specified) and could be played with W Media Player. I do not know the cause of this problem of importing the WMV file to the Organizer. However, I do suggest that you check the folder you specified for the presence of the WMV file and try to play it (if it exists).

Barb O

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections