LM
Posted By
Louis_Messina
Dec 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m not clear on what Photoshop Elements is. Is it a focused & scaled-down version of Photoshop, or does it contain different features?

If I have Photoshop CS, and primarily use it to prepare digital photos for the web, is there any reason to also get Photoshop Elements?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

NS
Nancy_S
Dec 4, 2003
Louis,

In all honesty, I think it would be redundant to you.

Nancy
JH
Jim_Hess
Dec 4, 2003
If you already have Photoshop CS, and you know how to use it, then you probably don’t have any need for Elements. Photoshop Elements is a digital image editing program that contains many of the features that are in Photoshop. Elements does not include ImageReady. Elements is designed primarily as a program for editing digital images. Elements has a couple of features that were not included in Photoshop 7, but those features were incorporated into Photoshop CS, so you have a much richer set of tools and other features that are not included in Elements. As an example, you have the ability to create actions in Photoshop. Elements has the capability of running actions but you do not have the capability of creating actions with it. I hope this answers your questions.
LM
Louis_Messina
Dec 4, 2003
Thanks Nancy.

You told me just what I needed to know.

(and I won’t tell Adobe!)
LM
Louis_Messina
Dec 4, 2003
You also hit what I needed to know right on the head. Thanks a lot. (Judging by your answer, I assume you either work for Adobe or teach Photoshop.)
PS
Peter_Simmelink
Dec 4, 2003
I have been using elements for about one year. I have recently upgraded to version 2.0. The differences between Photoshop 7.0 and Elements 2.0 is minimal, and there are ways to get around the differences. Elements is less expensive and I would buy it for home use.
Regards Peter

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections