trying to reinstall my software but lost serial number?????

HP
Posted By
Holly_Pajot
Dec 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had to uninstall my software. Now I am trying to reinstall and it is asking for the serial number however I can’t find it. Does anyone know what I can do?
Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BH
Beth_Haney
Dec 4, 2003
If you registered your software with Adobe, you can call them and ask if it can be traced. Here’s a number I think should work for you. Adobe products general questions line 1-800-833-6687

If you didn’t register it, well…

Or if it was bundled with something like a scanner, you’ll have to call that manufacturer and see if you can get the serial number from them. Adobe wouldn’t have it.
TF
Terri_Foster
Dec 4, 2003
Holly,

Try the Adobe approach first but I have a possible Last Resort solution. Go to <http://www.techtv.com> and search their archives for restoring deleted files. There is a freeware application called Restoration which—May–get your elements that you deleted back…so you can look up the serial number. If and I stress If you do this then you would need to look at help>system information in elements (product registration number would be listed in this location). There is no guarantee this would work…but I did try this on an elements copy I deleted and it was pulling up files that belonged to it. I ,however, did not complete the transfer because I didn’t want to have to clean up again. By the way, there is no guarantee with this program and things could have been overwritten in the time since you deleted info. It may be worth a try…to save yourself a pocketfull of cash if you could not get registration number from Adobe.
MB
margaret_brock
Dec 4, 2003
Is it printed on the back of the CD case or the sleeve that the CD came in??

Sometimes the obvious is the last place I look 🙂

Margaret
T
TripKid
Dec 16, 2003
try www.astalavista.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections