JC
Posted By
Jim_Clements
Jun 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m new to the CS flavors of Illustrator and Photoshop. In the past, I would manipulate type in Illustrator, then copy/paste into a Photoshop file. I always got a dialog in Photoshop asking if I wanted to anti-alias the art. I said "yes" and kept working happily.

If I understand things correctly, I am now expected to save that illustrator art as a seperate file, then Place the file in Photoshop in order to get the same results? That seems rather tedious. Doing a copy/paste between the two now results in a bitmapped mess. Yes, I can do a drag/drop and get the results I want, but I don’t understand why copy/paste took such a step backwards.

Or is there something I’m missing in the Preferences somewhere? The online help was no, well, help.

Thanks,
Jim

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 16, 2004
If you paste in Photoshop, you have the choice of antialiasing or not (and if you paste EPS data you can choose to paste as pixels, shapes, or paths).

So I’m not really sure what you’re talking about.
KE
kathy_e_martin
Jun 16, 2004
I used to open an illustrator file in photoshop and it would ask if I wanted to rasterize the file – I’d click yes and it would appear .. now in OSX – my page is blank anytime I open an eps file in photoshop .. do you have to open in illustrator then copy and paste to photoshop? I’m baffled by this … Kathy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections