H
Posted By
hankjohnson
Jun 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When working in Illustrator CS, I select any object, copy it, then switch to Photoshop and I immediately get an error "Could not import the clipboard because of a program error".

I had a similar problem when using Illustrator 10 and PS 7, but when I got CS, everything worked just fine.

Just today, I can no longer paste into Photoshop CS from Ill CS.

Any ideas? I’ve been searching the forums, but can’t find anything about this. TIA.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Jun 16, 2004
In Illustrator prefs make sure AICB is checked
H
hankjohnson
Jun 16, 2004
Oh my god! you;’re a genious! How did it get unchecked int he first place? I know I’ve pasted from Illustrator to Photoshop in the past. Man, I went so far as reinstalling Panther and CS from scratch and it still didn’t work.

THANK YOU!
P
Phosphor
Jun 16, 2004
Hank…

While I can’t venture a guess about how your preferences got changed, this is a perfect example of why it’s important to explore every preference, every button, every flyout- and drop-down menu, every modifier key combination…EVERYTHING. And why it’s good to read the manual and/or help files.

Reinstalling an app and/or the OS is usually the absolute LAST troubleshooting measure one should have to resort to.

Some folks (I’m not pointing at you, specifically), for whatever reason, just don’t venture into the unknown territory with their applications. It’s these fearless forays into the unknown that more often than not reveal delightful surprises and heretofore hidden functionalities.

Keep on diggin’!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections