J
Posted By
J._Kennedy
Jun 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all! I’m using a G4 with 768 mb of RAM. I’m using OS 10.2.8 and Photoshop 7. I have some Illustrator 10 files I have been working with. Here’s what I was doing:
Create files in Illustrator. Open Illustrator files in Photoshop. Add guide lines. Save as a psd file. Open in Imageready and create slices from the guides. Save as an html file along with the gif slices. This process worked fine. However, I needed to make some edits to the Illustrator files. Now, I when I open the Illustrator files in PS, it’s not reading the fonts. It reads them fine in Illustrator, and it did read them before in PS… but now it’s not. I use Suitcase 10.2. I made sure the fonts were on before starting up Illustrator and Photoshop.

Any ideas? It’s driving me crazy.

Julie

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 15, 2004
<< Now, I when I open the Illustrator files in PS, it’s not reading the fonts. It reads them fine in Illustrator, and it did read them before in PS… but now it’s not.>>

When you opened your AI file in Photoshop, you rasterized it, so you now have only pixels — but no editable fonts.
J
J._Kennedy
Jun 15, 2004
Yes, I realize they are not editable. But they are not the right fonts… it’s substituting the fonts with a generic font. I don’t need to edit it in PS… I just want it to look like the same font that it was in Illustrator!
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 15, 2004
If they are not the right fonts, it has to be a problem with the fonts themselves or with Suitcase — which I don’t use and detest!.

See if FontAgent Pro works better for you and make sure that you have no conflicting or damaged fonts.

Also try trashing Illustrator’s prefs., and Repairing Permissions.

Incidentally, have you upgraded to Photoshop 7.0.1 and Illustrator 10.0.3?

If all else fails, consider turning your type into outlines in Illustrator.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections