JB
Posted By
james_bransford
Jun 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using OSX with Photoshop CS. Only fonts "A" through "C" are showing up in Photoshop. Any ideas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Jun 17, 2004
This has been discussed here many times. Please do a forum search on font limit.

Get a font management utility like FontAgent Pro (FAP) and activate only a few fonts at a time, just the ones you need for the job at hand.
KN
Ken_Nielsen
Jun 17, 2004
‘Suitcase’ font management program also works perfectly with OSX.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 17, 2004
Hmmm …… depends on how you define "perfectly".

:~)
GB
g_ballard
Jun 17, 2004
my suitcase just flaked out…it soo irritating having to spend time

maybe good time to check into FAP (or initializestartfromscratch)
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 17, 2004
It just seems that all of the people who post font-related problems on the CS forums are using either Suitcase, FontReserve or FontBook.

FAP-users don’t seem to have these problems.
B
Buko
Jun 17, 2004
FAP 2.1 works so well I have not even made any sets yet.
R
Ram
Jun 18, 2004
Ken,

As I’ve stressed before, I was one of the earliest supporters of Suitcase, having been a beta tester for Steve Brecher when Suitcase was essentially a one-man operation. Then Steve sold it and it went downhill after that.

Later, Adobe came out with ATM Deluxe and ATR and there was no need for any other font management utility through Mac OS 9.2.2. When Adobe decided not to support ATM Deluxe in OS X, I went back to investigate Suitcase, then at version 10. Well, Suitcase 10 was so buggy and the Suitcase Engine caused so many crashes in Classic and in straight, native 9.2.2, that, reluctantly, I couldn’t consider it seriously any longer.

FontAgent Pro is still far from perfect and it still lacks the flexibility of ATR, but the latest version leaves Suitcase in the dust.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections