Posted By
Whitehead_Bob
Jun 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
G5 OS 10.3, PSCS

I use actions all the the time, ( last 8 years, quite familiar with it) ( 3 sets etc.,) I had this problem in PS 7.0 when I was at work

When I created the save as command, the dialogue box comes up as (file format-Photoshop and save a copy is always checked off)

Now I am working at home in PSCS the same thing happens again

Any help would be appreciated

Bob

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 23, 2004
It’s not clear (to me at least) what you are asking.
WB
Whitehead_Bob
Jun 23, 2004
Hi Ed

Just to clarify my message

If I am saving PS documents, and I want to save them as TIFF’s, my Action>Save as always come up as>File Format PSD and Save: As a copy

I have to change the file format to TIFF and uncheck the Save as a copy each time

I have tried every which way to create this action, but nothing seems to work

Maybe there is no way around this-it is not a big problem

Bob
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 23, 2004
A couple of things. If you want to save a flattened tiff, add a Flatten step to the action. You should also try choosing a destination folder in the Batch dialog and checking Override Save As Commands.
8thNote
Jun 23, 2004
Make sure there aren’t any alpha channels in the image. Ensure the "pause" icon isn’t next to the Save As option.

In fact, expand the Save As step in your actions palette and tell us what it says.
WB
Whitehead_Bob
Jun 23, 2004
I tried the Batch dialogue as Ed said – no luck

Under the Save As is>Save>with copy

Regarding the pause icon are you referring to the Playback Options dialogue box.? The accelerated line is checked off

Also there is no Alpha channels
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 23, 2004
Did you want layered tiff or a flattened tiff?
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Jun 23, 2004
Since you already recorded the action with Save As>Save a Copy you will have to make that step over. You must be trying to save a layered file as a flattened tiff otherwise the dialog would not come up. So add a Flatten step, then Save As a tiff.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections