SC
Posted By
suzanne_cox
Jun 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
help! the majority of images that i import in from my digital camera on to iphoto and photos that other clients give to me are seriously bright orange/red in all flesh tones and in any other places that contains any red pigment. i have gone into channels and turned off the magenta channel which eliminates all of the problem…but you guessed it, no red anywhere. have reloaded photoshop, checked my monitor,opened the same image in illustrator cs and the photo is fine.

would appreciate any help! thanks,
suzanne

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PH
Paul_Hokanson
Jun 23, 2004
Susanne,

You said you checked your monitor, but did you check your monitor profile? It sure sounds like you need to create a new one.

See here for more info and guidance…
<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html#getagoodscreen>
R
Ram
Jun 23, 2004
Suzanne,

Is there any reason you are working with CMYK instead of RGB images? Does your workflow demand sending the photographs to Prepress?
SC
suzanne_cox
Jun 23, 2004
Ramon,
thanks for the link. look what i found there:

* A handful of users have confirmed problems with certain brands of monitors, Hitachi CM715 for example, is incompatible with Mac OS 10.2 & 10.3. The Hitachi monitors, the users wrote, worked with generic monitor profiles, like Apple RGB and sRGB, but as soon as they loaded a calibrated custom profile, the Hitachi screen whacked out the color in Photoshop in Panther and Jaguar. They wrote the same custom profiles worked properly under Systems 9 and 10.1.

I have a Hitachi CM715. I also have 10 CM715 in my Mac Lab at the college where I teach. We are on OS10.2.8 at the lab and I am on 10.3.4 here at home.
Is there anything I can do to correct this problem?

Thank you so much for your help.
Suzanne
SC
suzanne_cox
Jun 23, 2004
Yes, this job requires cmyk for prepress. from the looks of the link Ramon sent to me, it is my monitor. Now I have to figure out what to do with the 10 other Hitachi CM715s that I have in the Mac lab!

Thanks for your help,
Suzanne
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Jun 23, 2004
Suzanne:

See if you can get round the Hitachi problem by following Gary’s instructions here:

<http://www.gballard.net/nca.html#getagoodscreen>

[I don’t have one of those monitors so I don’t know if this will work or not.]
GB
g_ballard
Jun 23, 2004
I have a Hitachi CM715…Is there anything I can do to correct this
problem?

We slugged this out with several users here and Apple Forum. I can’t recall anyone reporting success with that monitor.

You may want to try asking Hitachi…you never know.
R
Ram
Jun 23, 2004
Suzanne,

Actually, Paul beat me to pointing you to G Ballard’s site, that’s why I didn’t mention it. 🙂
SC
suzanne_cox
Jun 24, 2004
thank you everyone for the infor. the gballard site is very helpful indeed. notified Hitachi and explained that there are 11 of these less then a year old monitors in my care,so i needed some some *fixen* going on before i start teaching on them in august. will keep you posted on the results of this.

thanks again for all your help.
suzanne

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections