Posted By
Joe_Crupi
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hey there,

Not sure if this has been asked but does CS support multiple guide sets?

By that I mean that I have a whole bunch of guides that I have used for a particular interface design. I wanna save these guides in case I need them again because I’ll need a new set of guides of the next concept in the same Photoshop file.

And no I can’t use multiple Photoshop files for each interface concept – that’s why the new Layer Comps function is there!

Thanx

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

H
Hexebah
Jun 24, 2004
Joe

No guide sets that I know of. You can create an action though 😉

Chip
P
Phosphor
Jun 24, 2004
There have been quite a few of us who’ve asked for expanded capabilities with the Guidelines.

We’d like:

• To be able to have "Guidelines Layers" with visibility that could be toggled on and off, both globally and on a per-Guideline-Layer basis.

• To be able to rotate these guidelines to angles other than perfectly horizontal and vertical, and to be able to do so with precision.

• To be able to select them as we select guidelines in Illustrator and move them, either manually or by numerically precise distances.

• To be able to set the colors for guidelines, individually and on a per-Guideline-Layer basis.

• The ability to carry these Guidelines Layers between applications.

I, for one, find it hard to believe that these features (and maybe more that I haven’t thought of or listed) haven’t yet been made part of Photoshop’s capabilities. They should have been implemented at least two versions ago, perhaps 3.
P
Phosphor
Jun 24, 2004
By the way, I’ll be adding this to the Feature Request section of this forum again.

Please feel free to add to it and voice your agreement.

Expanded Guidelines capabilities (again) <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.3bb4c067>

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections